Software Engineer 2017 Road Crew Intern, Consumer Electronics
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
We have a great opportunity for a talented & enthusiastic individual with experience designing and building killer consumer facing applications to join our team as a Software Developer. You will get the chance to take on complex and interesting problems as part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative team. This is a great opportunity for engineers with front-end development experience who are passionate about sophisticated interface design and delivering an outstanding user experience.
What’s in it for you:
- Play a key role in development of bringing Pandora on to consumer electronics (TV, Set Top Boxes, Wearables, Speakers, Automotive & more), used daily by our rapidly expanding community of millions of listeners
To land this gig, you will need:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field, expected to be completed in 2018
- Experience developing object-oriented code in Java
- Experience developing for Linux-based deployment platforms (Debian preferred)
- Experience working with back end databases (PostgreSQL preferred), using SQL
Bonus Points if:
- Experience with Android or iOS Development
- Experience developing for wearables
- Experience using testing technologies (jUnit, QUnit)
- Experience in HTML and CSS development
- Experience with Bluetooth APIs
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top