Software Engineer 2017 Road Crew Intern, Consumer Applications
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Our Engineers get to solve cool problems for more than 100 million users, using Big Data. We have an opportunity for a talented, enthusiastic software programming intern to participate on our team as a Software Engineer and develop high-quality software for the Pandora music service as we bring it to our large and growing community of listeners. You may contribute in one or more areas of development, ranging from web UI, iOS Android mobile, music recommendation systems, and user analytics. You will be challenged to become a significant contributor on a hard-working team, and to take pride in your work. We have high expectations, and are looking for very knowledgeable and capable graduates with solid software development skills. This is a position that will provide you with an opportunity to get your career off to a great start.
To land this gig, you will need:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field, expected to be completed in 2018
- Strong academic credentials, solid understanding of Java software development, and take personal responsibility for testing the code you write
- Experience developing object-oriented code in Java
- Experience developing software for deployment on Linux/Unix
- Experience working with back-end databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL) using SQL
- Substantial software design and development project work, including web-application and server-side development
- Be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills
- Must be capable of managing your time well and working collaboratively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points if:
- Previous experience in software development - work projects, internships, summer jobs, etc.
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected].
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top