Software Engineer 2017 Road Crew Intern, Android
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
We have a terrific position available for a talented & enthusiastic individual to develop high-quality software for Android devices. As a member of our mobile engineering team, you will have the opportunity to bring the Pandora radio experience to our very large and expanding mobile customer base. You should have an understanding of quality Java and Android application development. You place a high value on automated testing, and have some experience using test frameworks unit testing.
To land this gig, you will need:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field to be completed in 2018
- Minimum 1 year developing mobile applications for Android
- Experience developing, testing and debugging mobile applications using Java/Android Studio/IntelliJ
- Experience developing object-oriented code in Java
- Dedication to thorough testing and creating high-quality software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points if:
- Experience building mobile applications that utilize web-services (either HTTP based, XML-RPC, JSON or other services)
- Knowledge of MVC design patterns and development best practices
- Experience with Android UI/UX design (Material Design Principles)
- Consumer mobile application development experience
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience developing scalable server-side software running under Linux/Unix
- Experience providing streaming media direct to consumers
- Experience with testing technologies (JUnit, Espresso, EasyMock, Robolectric)
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected].
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top