Senior Web Engineer, Next Big Sound
About Next Big Sound
Next Big Sound is the leading provider of online music analytics and insights, tracking hundreds of thousands of artists around the world. We use our expertise in prediction research and cross-network performance measurement to deliver analytics and insights to music makers as well as Pandora's listeners and advertising partners.
Next Big Sound operates as an autonomous, self-directed team within Pandora, which gives us the freedom to explore novel directions and experiment with the way we work. We’re a geographically distributed and interdisciplinary team of data scientists, designers, engineers, client services, and product leads who are passionate about solving challenging problems with data at a massive scale.
About the role
We are looking for a senior software engineer to help build groundbreaking new web products and APIs to deliver Pandora data and insights at scale. You’ll be creating industry-leading tools for artists, labels, and Pandora partners to help them make better informed business decisions. This is a high-impact role in which you’ll be able to contribute to products used by hundreds of thousands of artists and millions of Pandora listeners. As a senior member of the Next Big Sound web engineering team, you will be able to shape the direction of the web platform through mentoring and thought leadership.
Next Big Sound is based in New York City but working remotely is an option.
- Work within a focused, cross-disciplinary team of engineers, product managers, designers, data scientists, and client services to deliver high-quality features
- Champion industry best practices, quality engineering, and open source
- Drive improvements to our web technology stack and development processes
- Mentor other engineers and lead by example
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience architecting full-stack web apps (LAMP stack, MEAN stack, etc.)
- Experience developing single-page web apps (React, Angular, Vue, etc.)
- Experience developing server-side apps or APIs (PHP, Java, Node.js, etc.)
- Experience writing SQL and working with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, etc.)
- Experience writing automated tests and test-driven development
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively, especially to a less technical audience
- Hungry to learn new systems and technologies
- Self-directed and able to take ownership of your work from design & implementation through deployment & monitoring
- Bias for continuous improvement and a demonstrated ability to effect change through leadership and mentoring
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
Employee Experience & Inclusion Manager
Courtney articulates and amplifies Pandora’s talent brand, providing visibility and insight into its company culture. She also plays a big role in driving awareness of Pandora’s diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Back to top