Senior Vice President, Listener Experience Product and Design
- Oakland, CA
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
The Senior Vice President, Listener Experience (LX) Product and Design is a unique and inspirational leader with demonstrated ability to drive listener and streaming engagement growth. This role is responsible for leading the definition and design of the most compelling Pandora and SiriusXM listener experiences with 100M listeners across all digital streaming platforms. The apps include our ad supported and paid subscription tiers of service for streaming on both Pandora and SiriusXM. This senior role leads the product management and user experience design teams and reports to the Chief Product Officer & Head of Technology for SiriusXM and Pandora.
The role is responsible for driving the product management and design strategy and roadmap for the app experience and features available across all streaming platforms (mobile, web, automotive, connected devices including wearables, voice enabled speakers and devices, third party apps). The role is responsible for driving the app experience and priorities to deliver streaming listener and engagement growth. The role leverages listener/customer insights, market and industry insights, and a deep understanding of business and listener growth objectives. This role partners closely with other teams in digital product development (DPD) and business partners across marketing, content, business development and our embedded automotive org. DPD is responsible for the full lifecycle of development and delivery and support for all streaming products and includes engineering, science, analytics and technology program management. This role is also responsible for DPD’s user experience design organization and ensures the design org is tightly aligned with the product to bring compelling and winning experiences to life for our listeners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and responsibility for managing all product management roadmaps that comprise the end Listener Experience, including
- Platforms: Web, Mobile, Third Party (Automotive, CE, Wearables)
- Marketing and Systems integrations: Marketing Technology, App-to-App Partnerships,
- Listener features: Playback, Social, Discovery, Collections, Browse, Search, etc.
- 1st party subscription plans, 3rd party and connected speakers and other connected devices
- Drive innovation in listener experience while operating simplest, best user experience for one of the largest streaming music services in the United States
- Deliver insightful product recommendations to business leaders and the executive team in a persuasive and thoughtful manner
- Lead multi-tiered Product Design organization to create brilliant, user-centered designs based on customer feedback, business needs, and market research
- Build strong working relationships with engineering, analytics, science, technology program management, and business organizations to enable cross functional collaboration
- Operationalize innovation practices that proactively incubate and test breakthrough ideas in user experience for streaming music
- Manage team of product management and design experts to drive high performance and an engaged, collaborative employee experience
- Build alignment and effectively influence senior-level stakeholders
- The ideal candidate for this role has lead large, cross-functional teams in shipping exceptional consumer products and leading design at scale across mobile, web, consumer electronics, the connected home and emerging platforms
- They will be able to balance thoughtful consideration of potential options with the ability to solve problems, get things done and bring people along through the decision-making process.
- 15+ years of business, user experience design and product management leadership experience. Significant experience leading strategic projects, design research, investment analysis, and expansion opportunities.
- History of launching products and driving engagement for a hundred million or more registered users
- Experience in consumer technology and media industries, with a focus on digital media and consumer technology and streaming businesses.
- Experience guiding international expansion of products to new geographic markets and countries
- Experience in a leadership role at a publicly-traded, international software company
- Demonstrated ability to build a team of world-class experience design, product managers and leaders.
- Demonstration of harnessing complex data streams to evaluate product economics and user adoption behavior.
- History of synthesizing qualitative and quantitative user research and usability study outputs to ship successful products and design
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Desire to succeed in a demanding, innovative, and entrepreneurial environment
- Dynamic and Excellent communicator
- Strong and recognized leader that people want to follow
- Empowering and engaging management style
- Passionate about the work they would be doing at Pandora
- Creative with resources
- Elevates others’ ideas
- Strong collaborator
- Confident & humble
- Strong talent evaluator
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top