Senior Vice President, Creator and Content Product - Pandora
- Oakland, CA
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
SiriusXM+Pandora is looking for a Senior Vice President, Content and Creator Product reporting to the Chief Product Officer and Head of Technology. This role is responsible for leading and defining the roadmap priority for the current and future content, creator and curator products and tools for the benefit of 100M listeners and creators of audio content. This role also drives the roadmap for computational and curatorial programming and personalized recommendations. The experience includes a growing variety of content and programming across recorded and live audio for music, spoken word podcasts, talk, news, sports, and video for a variety of formats (e.g., Stations, Channels, Playlists, Albums, Songs, Podcasts, etc.). This team leads the definition of what we prioritize for content ingestion and the lifecycle of how content is ultimately delivered across all digital platforms. This team creates and manages our content and catalog product roadmap, while driving alignment on how these priorities solve top business needs and opportunities from our content, curation, marketing, licensing, and business development teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guide all product management roadmaps for the Content and Creator Tools experiences which include both curatorial and computational programming and recommenders which help power personalization features in the app
- Deliver insightful product recommendations to business leaders and the executive team in a persuasive and thoughtful manner
- Build strong working relationships with engineering, science, design and our content and other business organizations to enable cross functional collaboration
- Operationalize innovation practices that proactively incubate and test breakthrough ideas in user experience for streaming music
- Manage team of product management and content operations experts to drive high performance and an engaged, collaborative employee experience
- Build alignment and effectively influence senior-level stakeholders
- The ideal candidate for this role has lead large, cross-functional teams in shipping exceptional products at scale across mobile, web, consumer electronics, the connected home and emerging platforms
- Significant leadership in the market of launching exceptional streaming and music content products
- They will be able to balance thoughtful consideration of potential options with the ability to solve problems, get things done and bring people along through the process.
- 15+ years of business and product management or technical leadership experience. Significant experience leading strategic projects, investment analysis, and expansion opportunities.
- History of launching products with 100 Million or more logged in users
- Experience in technology and media industries, with a focus on digital media and consumer internet businesses.
- Experience in a leadership role at a publicly-traded, international software company
- Demonstrated ability to build a team of world-class product managers and leaders.
- Demonstration of harnessing complex data sources to evaluate product economics and user adoption.
- History of synthesizing qualitative and quantitative user research and usability study outputs to ship successful products
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Desire to succeed in a demanding, innovative, and entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent communicator
- Strong and recognized leader that people want to follow
- Empowering and engaging management style
- Passionate about the work they would be doing at SiriusXM and Pandora
- Creative with resources
- Elevates others’ ideas
- Strong collaborator
- Confident & humble
- Strong talent evaluator
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top