Senior Technical Product Manager, Asset Management
- Irving, TX
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
SiriusXM Connected Vehicles (SXMCV) is looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager reporting to our Director of Asset Management vertical. The Asset Management vertical is focused on building enterprise products that generate incremental revenue streams to the business in either existing or new channels. They engage with external partners to extend our Connected Vehicle platform services to creatively solve customer’s business challenges.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need a good balance of technical skills, keen product sense, and an understanding of how teams deliver software. You should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to represent the team in open forums, to peers within SXM CV, and with senior executives. You will also need proven customer skills, including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying customers’ feature requests in order to identify the most important problems we could solve for.
The successful candidate will have a bias to action, and be a curious, open-minded and collaborative technical product manager who has a passion for partnering with other product managers, clients, designers and developers to produce quality software. They will work closely with multiple stakeholders to define product vision and goals and jointly work with the team to prioritize, plan and deliver value for our customers and the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As the product manager, you will help drive the product strategy for the Asset Management product vertical. You will make informed, insightful, data driven decisions through customer and market insights, product and business critical metrics, competitive pressures, technical capability, and internal initiatives; build the product story by understanding the landscape, developer needs, and SiriusXM CV’s principles.
- You will facilitate leadership’s buy-in for launching new products, and partner with finance and technology in measuring the cost vs. return when building a business case to secure funding.
- You will continuously work to improve the product offering(s) and prioritization of enhancements and feature requests and increase the efficiency of deliverables through release cycles.
- You will assist sales, marketing, and operations in driving critical enhancements, accelerating new product development, and improving new product implementations.
- In collaboration with Engineering, you will define a detailed, rolling 4-quarter product roadmap based on the product strategy and drive the alignment of key releases to deliver on the roadmap for your products; adjust the roadmap as needed based on key metrics, market forces, and changes in execution resources. You will lead the business during the full product lifecycle – from requirements definition, to delivery, to end of life – collaborating with other teams across the company, including Engineering, Design, Support, Marketing, and Sales counterparts.
- In managing your product(s) you will consider the business impact, return on investment, and other implications when taking important decisions.
- You will be closely involved in conducting user research, integrating usability studies and market analysis into product requirements to enhance developer satisfaction. You will also define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
- You will also be responsible for helping create the go-to-market strategy and collateral for your product(s).
- 5 years of experience in engineering or product management of technology roles
- Experience defining and prioritizing product features
- Drive the development of the minimal viable product (MVP) to budget and timelines
- Previous experience and success working with agile development teams
- Ability to drive requirement definition and solution design sessions, working closely with partners from across the entire organization and with developers
- Ability to create and update the product’s business model, and communicate the model and key success factors to internal stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Requirements and General Skills:
- Ability to drive teams of diverse backgrounds to ship features on ambitious timelines
- Ability to influence decision making across wide a variety of roles and levels in the organization
- Experience in working with and leveraging data analytics solutions/products
- Understanding of cloud based platforms
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top