SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home, and on the go. Our talent, content, technology, and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
As a senior member of the Voice team at Pandora, you are responsible for building and maintaining the service that supports Voice interactions across our native mobile applications and third-party devices. As a team, we work closely with Product Management and Data Science partners to implement innovative features and measure their impact
What we expect from you:
- Be comfortable working in a distributed team, in a fast-paced environment, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a collaborative attitude and love working with others to find elegant solutions to complex problems, always keeping the end-user in mind
- Have a solid foundation in Java development and be comfortable building services at scale
- Are familiar with cloud software deployment and monitoring tools and are enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute code to level up voice service business logic and APIs to power next-generation SiriusXM/Pandora streaming clients
- Write unit and integration tests and advise Quality Engineering on acceptance tests
- Demonstrate working software during in-person and/or virtual meetings with stakeholders
- Actively participate in and positively contribute to SCRUM meetings
- Lead or contribute to investigations and discussions with other developers, product management, designers, data scientists, and talent curator/creator personnel as a representative of the voice team
- Write documentation both for consumers of the API as well as for team members also working on the services
- Perform service deployment, maintenance activities and respond to production issues as needed.
- Mentor and train new team members or more junior engineers
- 5+ years development experience with a focus on microservice development
- Experience in designing and developing highly scalable, highly available, highly performant, and maintainable internet computing (Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services)
- Experience with API design/development (i.e. RPC, REST, JSON)
- Experience with Spring/SpringBoot
- Experience with Unit/Integration testing
- Understanding of multi-threading, concurrency, design patterns, and their impacts on application concurrency and scalability.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Experience collaborating with data scientists, exposure to machine learning algorithms, and/or statistical modeling methods.
- Experience with Voice platforms or Natural Language Processing technologies
- Experience with anomaly detection, analysis of high-volume metrics, recommender, or search systems.
- BA/BS or above in Computer Science or a related field
More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link here. #benefits
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism, and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.