Senior Software Engineer, Python
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we're looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join Pandora. This platform generates over $1 billion of revenue, and is hugely important to Pandora. The role involves working on an agile team developing scalable and reliable object oriented software using Python, Java, Django, JQuery and React, Redis and PostgreSQL.
- Minimum 5+ years of professional experience
- Experience developing in Python or Java, or similar language and strong Python experience
- Experience working with back end SQL-style databases (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Experience developing for Linux-based deployment platforms (Debian preferred)
- Experience developing with Big Data (Hadoop, Hive)
- Experience working with Nginx
- BA/BS or better in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience working in service oriented architecture and microservices
- Knowledge of other programing languages such as Go
- Experience working with cloud providers (e.g. Google Cloud Platform, AWS or Microsoft Azure)
- Experience working with Docker in a production environment
- Experience with big data tools like Spark and Kafka
- BA/BS or above in Computer Science or a related field
“We're considering candidates for multiple positions and levels. Successful candidates will be placed at appropriate level depending on their qualifications or experience.”
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Back to top