Senior Software Engineer (Java/Spring/Kafka) - Pandora
- Atlanta, GA
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
As a member of the Personalization team at Pandora/SiriusXM you will be joining a team of engineers responsible for building and maintaining microservices that powers all listener personalization features of the Pandora/SiriusXM digital platform (mobile, web and connected devices).
You will work closely with Product Management and Data Science partners to implement innovative features and measure their impact. You're comfortable working in a distributed, fast paced environment and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You have a collaborative attitude and love working with others to find elegant solutions to complex problems, always keeping the end user in mind. You have a solid foundation of Java development and are enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills that help build services at scale.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the overall development, maintenance and health of backend services supported by the personalization team.
- Own the entire development lifecycle (design, develop, test and deploy) for backend services that fall under the charter of personalization services team.
- Experience with Unit/Integration testing.
- Attend team meetings and share updates regarding your progress and any blockers you encounter.
- Contribute to peer code reviews on deliverables that our team is responsible for.
- Present and communicate project work to teammates and other project stakeholders (product managers, analysts etc.).
- The candidate is an individual contributor hence no supervisory responsibilities.
- BA/BS or better in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5-6 years of Industry experience with Java or similar languages.
- Experience developing for Linux-based deployment.
- Experience working on server-side technologies.
- Experience working with agile / scrum development methodologies.
- Experience with well documented, well tested software or other systems of considerable technical complexity.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Knowledge of industry-standard application architectures, design patterns and technology standards and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn and stay up to date on new technologies and trends.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Knowledge of Java and Spring framework is a must.
- Experience with NoSQL datastores (like Redis, Cassandra) is a must. Experience with GCP or AWS is a plus.
- Experience with Kafka (or similar messaging technology) is a must.
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top