Senior Software Engineer - Java, Spring Boot, Big Table, Kafka
- Atlanta, GA
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and support of critical & highly available streaming services for our mobile, web, and consumer electronics platforms (i.e. iOS, Android, Alexa, Sonos, Roku) using the Pandora and SiriusXM APIs and streaming systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the tech lead and senior systems architects to ensure that strategic objectives are met with the proposed architectural solutions for business needs.
- Code all core services and applications in Java following industry standards.
- Participate in agile ceremonies including scrums, sprint planning sessions and sprint reviews.
- Document all technical design, code, build and release procedures.
- Maintain a robust understanding of Object-Oriented Programming concepts and design.
- Collaborate with Quality Engineering to ensure code coverage
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience with full Java application development life cycle.
- Strong design and implementation skills pertaining to microservice, web and API development.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Knowledge of industry-standard application architectures, design patterns and technology standards and best practices.
- Experience in designing and developing highly scalable, highly available and maintainable internet applications.
- Good understanding of cloud-based applications and application deployment.
- Ability to learn and stay up to date on new technologies and trends.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and reliably deliver work of the highest standards on time.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Extensive knowledge with application development using core Java, Spring framework, node.js.
- Understanding of multithreading, concurrency, design patterns and their impacts on application concurrency and scalability.
- Strong design and implementation skills pertaining to web applications, enterprise system design and rich media applications.
- Experience and understanding of the agile development process.
- Understanding of mobile, web, and consumer electronic devices and their use cases, especially voice & live streaming platforms.
- Good working knowledge of web services, web sockets, RESTful interfaces, XML
- Excellent skills working with XML schemata and documents, validation, parsing, and marshalling.
- Familiarity and experience with Kafka
- Extensive knowledge with cloud computing platforms, like GCP.
- Experience working with BigTable, NoSQL/key-value stores like Redis / Envoy Redis.
- Experience creating active-active datastores using above technologies (or similar) a major plus.
- Experience with Gradle, Github, and issue tracking tools (JIRA a plus).
- Experience with monitoring and instrumentation tools such as Prometheus, Anodot, Grafana a plus.
- Experience with GraphQL a plus.
- Experience building 'deployment pipelines' using tools like Jenkins.
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top