Sirius XM Connected Vehicle Services Inc., a subsidiary of SiriusXM, builds and delivers software-based services for next generation connected vehicle services. The software we develop provides an extended array of safety, security and convenience services. In short, when the worst happens, our software helps to save lives.
Our customers are some of the biggest automobile manufacturers/organizations in the world. The SXM-CV platform has been providing convenient access to maps, weather, restaurants, points of interest,
automatic crash notification, SOS emergency assistance, remote service, assist services, and more. If you are someone who loves delivering outstanding solutions, believes and practices agile software development principles, fluidly adapts to new requirements and situations as they arise, constantly tuning your approach to meet customer expectations, and a passionate engineer with an appetite for learning, then we provide the right atmosphere and opportunity for you to grow both professionally and personally.
This position is responsible for architecting and creating telephony-based and cloud based (AWS) applications, which provides life-saving capabilities to our end clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze requirements and technical specifications, and implement assigned development tasks using various web technologies.
- Work under the supervision of a more senior engineer, completing tasks with the expected degree of quality in a timely fashion.
- Develop, maintain, and debug cloud based micro-service APIs and Web Application.
- Dig in and troubleshoot pre and post production issues.
- Has excellent communication skills
- Performs all other duties and projects assigned
- Subject-matter expertise, with some leadership of external vendors.
- B.S. in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent work experience required.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Excellent technical analysis, planning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in Agile team environment
- Must be flexible, motivated and independent
- Excellent organizational skills to manage priorities and workflow with efficiency
- Excellent Java skills and object-oriented design experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills - able to think through likely cause of problems before referring to others
- Strong writing, drawing, and presentation skills
- Interacts with customers (internal and external) at all levels or organization.
- Proactively partners with other departments to provide information and feedback, analyze applications for continuous improvement and resolve issues.
- Knowledge of all phases of application systems analysis, design and programming activities.
- 5 + years of software engineering experience.
Experience working in an agile software development organization; Scrum and/or Kanban.
Experience with cloud development and deployment best practices on AWS (EKS, Step Function, DynamoDB, ELB, ECS, EC2, ECR, Lambda, VPC, S3, AWS CFT, and CICD).
Experience with Linux, HTTP, REST, JSON and IP technologies.
Able to work within a Git/Gitflow-based multi-branched software environment.
Proficient computer skills, experience with the Atlassian Development Suite (Confluence, Jira, BitBucket), Microsoft Office Suite (Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
Telephony system (such as Genesys) integration experience.
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.