Senior Software Engineer, IAM
- Irving, TX
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers">www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Senior Software Engineer, IAM - ForgeRock
The Connected Vehicle Services Inc., a subsidiary of SiriusXM, builds and delivers software-based services for next generation connected vehicle services. The software we develop provides an extended array of safety, security and convenience services. In short, when the worst happens, our software helps to save lives.
Our customers are some of the biggest automobile manufacturers, organizations in the world. SXM-CV platform has been providing convenient access to maps, weather, restaurants, points of interest,
automatic crash notification, SOS emergency assistance, Remote service, assist services and more. If you are someone who loves delivering outstanding solutions, believes and practices agile software development principles, fluidly adapts to new requirements and situations as they arise, constantly tuning your approach to meet customer expectations and a passionate engineer with an appetite for learning then we provide the right atmosphere and opportunity for you to grow both professionally and personally.
In this role, you will work with our IAM team, Identity and Access Management architects, Cloud software Architects, dev-ops and specialists from functional and cross functional teams. You will collaborate with fellow engineers solving challenging complex problems, provide guidance, spike to look into incorporating innovative functionality that adds uncompromised, measurable value to the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop scripts, code to integrate ForgeRock (Identity Management, Access Management), with back end systems in cloud environment.
- Configure third party integrations using SAML, OIDC, oAuth
- Develop prof of concepts (POC), perform testing and analyze highly complex system standards, thresholds and provide recommendations to maximize system performance
- Configure IAM solutions within Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and other cloud providers
- Serve as top-level technical expert in the analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance of all IDM related projects.
- Implement and expand Identity & Access Management toolsets to their full potential.
- Responsible for development, support, and operations of the ForgeRock stack: OpenAM, OpenDJ, and OpenIDM
- Perform updates to support all IAM tools within the environment.
- Develop strategic roadmaps for ForgeRock AM/IDM systems and program.
- Triage and support operational issues involving ForgeRock AM/IDM systems and tools.
- Automate manual tasks related to AM/IDM systems and tools.
- Author technical documentation for all supported products.
- Prepare documentation for audits and act as the point of contact for audit related responsibilities.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or related to ForgeRock technologies
- Adhere to rules established to enforce test-driven/behavior-drive development, maintaining wiki pages, code style, and code group/peer review.
- Be disciplined and comfortable supporting needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
- Must be an outstanding team player, someone who can communicate both orally and through our various written communication mechanisms.
- Be able to work under the supervision of a more senior engineer, completing tasks with the expected degree of quality in a timely fashion.
- The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Masters or BS in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other technically related field
- Equivalent experience and/or degrees in other technical fields will be evaluated and considered
Requirements and General Skills:
- Works well with others and is a skilled communicator both written and oral; acts with professionalism both in person and when working on the phone with partners.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work under shifting deadlines with potentially ambiguous or nebulous requirements in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience working in an agile software development organization; Scrum and/or Kanban
- Willingness to learn new technologies - often very quickly
- Ability to act a mentor and/or leader
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in information technology
- Minimum 4+ years of experience with the ForgeRock stack: IDM, AM and DS
- Demonstrated hands on experience with the implementation of ForgeRock Identity Management/Identity & Access Management products (AM, IDM and DS)
- Ability to develop IDM schemas and class diagrams, document and present IDM architecture designs based on unique SXM requirements.
- Demonstrated hands on experience in Single Sign-On(SSO), Federation, OpenIDConnect, oAUTH, Identity and Access Governance.
- Strong technical knowledge across variety of technologies such as multi-tiered architecture, databases, LDAP and directory services, application servers, network infrastructure and understanding security and dataflow within these components.
- Fluency in Java 7, basic understanding of Java 8
- Strong understanding the principles of service-oriented software and large-scale distributed systems.
- Strong technical knowledge of cloud-based systems -- covering infrastructure, platform and software as services
- Code craftsmanship; rigor in high code quality, automated testing (JUnit, Mockito, Cucumber), and agile engineering best practices
- Integrate OpenAM and/or OpenIDM with LDAP and other backend systems (such as Oracle, AD and OpenDJ)
- Configure OpenAM/OpenDJ/OpenIDM in a highly-available cloud environment (e.g. AWS)
- Hands on experience with implementing and supporting SAML and SSO technologies.
- Knowledge of modern software patterns and anti-patterns
- Able to work within a bitbucket multi-branched software environment.
- Preferred experience with Java development tooling: Maven and/or Gradle.
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top