Senior Software Engineer - Data Platform Tools
- Boulder, CO
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers">www.siriusxm.com/careers.
A Senior Software Engineer on the Data Platform Team provides internal tools and services to other Data Engineers, Data Scientists, and Data Analysts within the organization. We help accelerate and optimize our cloud data platform for cost, performance, and ease of use.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and improve plugins for Airflow to empower teams to build efficient batch processing data pipelines
- Build Command Line tools that encourage best practices in the cloud
- Build monitoring dashboards for stakeholders to better understand the health, performance, and cost of the platform
- Build internal web applications to empower Big Data Platform stakeholders
- Write Documentation to encourage adoption of platform tools
- Evolve best practices around data engineering software development processes
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- 4+ years of Python or Java development experience
- 4+ years of experience working with SQL based datastores
- 2+ years of experience working on a cloud platform
- 2+ years of experience working with a scalable data warehouse
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Deep understanding and proficiency with:
- Multiple programming languages such as Python and Java
- Cloud Platform offerings and capabilities (especially with Google Cloud)
- SQL based data storage systems such as postgres, MySQL, Hive, BigQuery, or Spanner
Some experience with:
- Monitoring dashboards with tools such as Grafana, Prometheus, Metabase and otherwise
- CI/CD, build and deployment technologies such as Jenkins, Spinnaker, Terraform
- Working with big data pipelines and a batch processing scheduling system such as Apache Airflow
- Building and distributing command line tools via Bash, Python, or otherwise
- Unit Testing frameworks and methodologies
Any experience with the following is a bonus:
- NoSQL based storage systems such as Neo4j, BigTable, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis
- The Apache Hadoop ecosystem such as mapreduce, Hive, Spark, and Beam
- Containerization technologies such as Docker, Nomad and Kubernetes
- Distributed streaming messaging systems such as Apache Kafka
- A passion for building tools that help others succeed
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation.
SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top