SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
The Connected Vehicle Services division of SiriusXM builds and delivers software-based services on our connected car platform. The software we develop not only adds convenience to the daily life of our subscribers, but safety and security as well; when the worst happens, our software helps to save lives.
We are transforming our existing CV platform from an on premise, monolithic, closed architecture system to a modern, open, micro-services, cloud based system. Working on our team will give you the opportunity to craft software in an agile, team-focused environment while learning and exercising a multitude of skills. We focus on keeping developers happy and productive; fostering a positive atmosphere to help you make the right decisions and to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate software craftsperson to help us create, extend, and maintain the core of our connected car software platform as we expand past our current offerings in services related to safety, security and convenience in order to take our business to the next level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to rules established to enforce test-driven/behavior-drive development, maintaining wiki pages, code style, and code group/peer review.
- Analyze requirements and technical specifications, and implement assigned development tasks using various web technologies.
- Be a team player, someone who can communicate both orally and through our various written communication mechanisms.
- Be able to work under the supervision of a more senior engineer, completing tasks with the expected degree of quality in a timely fashion.
- Design, develop and maintain web applications by utilizing Angular framework, Angular CLI & Node Package Manager(NPM).
- Design and implement responsive web application user interfaces that are optimized to run on desktops, tablets and mobile devices, for a set of target browsers and Operating Systems.
- Support existing software including development of enhancements, defect resolution, determining and resolving performance issues, debugging, upgrading, deployment and migration.
- Be able to dig in and troubleshoot pre and post production issues.
- Bachelor’s (BSc) in engineering, computer science, or related field; master’s preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer with experience in multiple development languages and platforms delivering multiple commercially deployed products to market.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Works well with others and is a skilled communicator both written and oral; acts with professionalism both in person and when working on the phone with partners.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work under shifting deadlines with potentially ambiguous or nebulous requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in an agile software development organization; Agile/Scrum methodology and/or Kanban.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and skills.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in writing Web Applications using Angular framework, Angular CLI, Node, build tools and related technologies.
- Experience with Ajax, HTTP, REST, Node.js, JSON and IP technologies.
- Experience with unit testing using test runner Karma and testing framework Jasmine.
- Experience with Defects/Bugs fixing and improve system performance by using Front end tools & technologies.
- Experience with development in an agile workflow utilizing TDD/BDD best practices in a continuous integration environment.
- Able to work within a Git/Git Flow-based multi-branched software environment.
- Proficient computer skills, experience with the Atlassian Development Suite (Confluence, Jira, BitBucket), Microsoft Office Suite (Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.