Senior Software Engineer
- Lawrenceville, NJ
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
As a senior member of the Search team at Pandora/SiriusXM you are responsible for building and maintaining the service that supports Search functionality interactions across our native mobile and web applications, automotive systems and third party devices.
You work closely with Product Management and Data Science partners to implement innovative features and measure their impact. You're comfortable working in a distributed team, in a fast paced environment and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You have a collaborative attitude and love working with others to find elegant solutions to complex problems, always keeping the end user in mind. You have a solid foundation of Java development and are comfortable building services at scale. You are familiar with cloud software deployment and monitoring tools and are enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills. You have a backgound in Search or Recommender systems or a deep curiousity and willingness to learn.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write high performant, well-documented code.
- Excellent complex problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Deploy application on prem and on cloud.
- Understands the requirements mentioned in the document/stories strategize a solution.
- This role has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computers
Requirements and General Skills:
- 5+ years development experience with a focus on microservice development
- Working knowledge of Elastic Search or other search framework
- Experience deploying code to production environments
- Experience with cloud computing (Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services)
- Experience with Spring/SpringBoot
- Experience with Recommender, or Search systems.
- Working knowledge of Logstash and Kibana
- Working knowledge of Kafka
- Experience collaborating with data scientists, exposure to machine learning algorithms and/or statistical modeling methods.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
Deep understanding and proficiency with:
- Working knowledge of Java, Elastic Search, Kibana, Logstash, Python.
- Cloud Platform offerings and capabilities (especially with Google Cloud)
- Experience using “Infrastructure as code” (e.g. Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes, Nomad, Terraform, etc.)
- Monitoring dashboards with tools such as Grafana, Prometheus, Metabase and otherwise
- CI/CD, build and deployment technologies such as Jenkins, Spinnaker, Terraform
- Working with big data pipelines and a batch processing scheduling system such as Apache Airflow
- Building and distributing command line tools via Bash, Python, or otherwise
- Unit Testing frameworks and methodologies
- Familiar with using ELK stack or similar for log aggregation
- NoSQL based storage systems such as Neo4j, BigTable, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis
- Containerization technologies such as Docker, Nomad and Kubernetes
- A passion for building tools that help others succeed
- Working knowledge of Clojure is a plus.
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top