Senior Social Media Specialist - Entertainment
- New York, NY
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Are you a music and entertainment lover with a deep understanding of pop and internet culture? Do you thrive on creating exciting and engaging content to build community and help elevate a brand’s digital presence? Are you passionate about telling stories in a uniquely visual way? You just might be the person we’re looking for!
About the role
SiriusXM is seeking a Senior Social Media Specialist to lead and develop creative, goal-oriented social media content to engage and inspire our community of listeners. This person will spearhead the creative strategy, planning, development and execution of content for our SiriusXM social media channels, with an emphasis on Instagram and TikTok. This role reports to the Director, Social Media and is part of the Audience Engagement team. This role will be located at our NYC office.
In this role you will
- Own and operate the SiriusXM Instagram and TikTok channels, including calendar management, community management, content development, posting and reporting on performance
- Develop creative content: including copywriting and visual production (static, video, motion graphics, etc) to publish on our Instagram and TikTok channels
- Drive the visual strategy for our Instagram and TikTok channels, ensuring an on brand, platform-centric aesthetic
- Help with overall editorial planning for our SiriusXM social media channels, working cross functionally with stakeholders on the Marketing and Programming teams
- Identify opportunities to build community and increase engagement with our community of listeners (and fans) across our social media channels with an emphasis on Instagram and TikTok
- Utilize social advertising to reach new audiences and grow our channels, including reporting on efficacy and continually optimizing for maximum ROI
- Be very comfortable with creating and producing graphics and video on tight deadlines for our social platforms
- Ideate around reoccurring video franchises, developing innovative ideas to help increase brand relevance
- Help guide Instagram strategy for other SiriusXM social verticals, sharing best practices and optimizations
- Independently track and report on content performance, while also partnering with our data team to interpret and analyze insights to make strategic and tactical recommendations
- Keep up with breaking news and pitch timely content ideas
- Transcribe, caption, and caption check video content as required
- Be comfortable working cross functionally with a variety of stakeholders including Programming, Marketing, Data and Public Relations
- You’re a creator and have experience creating social media content for brands. You know how to capture content natively and also understand platform nuances and specifications when it comes to creating social media assets.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills and are just as comfortable writing a caption on Instagram as you are creating decks for internal stakeholders
- You possess a proactive, collaborative mindset centered on seeking out/generating content for the SXM Instagram and TikTok channels
- You have hands-on production experience, including creating video, motion graphics, etc.
- A deep understanding of all major social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok
- Hands-on experience with providing live social coverage at events (photography, video, etc)
- Intermediate to expert experience creating engaging assets from scratch using Adobe creative tools
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Minimum 3-5 of years experience in social media for a brand, including directly managing and building multiple social channels with large communities
- Entertainment or music industry experience is preferred
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Nothing phases you. You have an ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure and flourish in a fast-paced environment
- You’re detail oriented and meticulous about your work
- You’re that rare blend of right and left brain thinker, possessing both creative and analytical skills with a metrics-driven approach to content creation
- You have a can-do attitude and do what it takes to make sure the job gets done which means being comfortable with travel to offsites when applicable (and safe to do so), plus being available nights and weekends to perform community engagement and cover live events when needed
- Advanced knowledge of social media platforms
- Advanced understanding of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with MS Office Suite
- Experience with content management tools
- Experience with Google office products
- Experience with photography and video production is a plus
More details about our company benefits can be found here!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top