Senior Security Engineer, Technical Operations
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
We're looking for a senior level engineer driven to ensure and maintain the security of Pandora's network, IS/IT and security devices. This person will identify trends in adversary attacks and techniques in malware, hacker methodologies and tactics, system vulnerability and key indicators of potential system exploits. In this role, you will not be siloed into doing one thing - but rather have the opportunity to work on a variety of complex hack and defend related security projects based on your skill set and interests. Also, if you have forgotten what it feels like to have work-life balance, then this opportunity may help you reclaim your life. Plus, this role will be fun, as the team is super cool and Pandora has huge volumes of data and our infrastructure is almost entirely on premise (yeah, we own data centers, networks etc).
- Daily monitoring analysis; SIEM design, operation
- Perform Detailed Forensics for Security-Related incidents
- Work with Networking, Systems and Enterprise IT/IS teams to specify proactive and responsive mitigations
- Develop, evolve, and manage monitoring and alerting for Pandora environments to create a deep understanding of trends, anomalies and incidents
- Maintain an expert level understanding of attacks, vectors and emergent threats (including Botnets, Professional Hacking, Exploits, Hacktivism and Nation State Actors)
- Act as a participant in Architecture and Planning for security efforts
- Work with Compliance and Policy teams to make sure operational efforts are in line with Compliance (SOX/PCI) and Policy Standards
- Experience detecting and mitigating attacks on public-facing websites
- Experience operating Firewalls, VPNs, 2FA
- SIEM design, scaling, operations
- Experiencing advocating for Security BCP in production and corporate IT environment
- BA/BS or better in Computer/Information Science or a related field
- Experience protecting High-volume Consumer websites
- 5+ years Linux/Unix/Windows or Network administration
- Competence in bash, perl and/or python, with text processing/Regex
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise Security (AD, LDAP, SAML, SAAS/Cloud monitoring)
- Deep understanding of Cryptographic Technology
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]. This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply.
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top