Senior Security Engineer
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the world’s largest audio entertainment company. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners – in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.SiriusXM.com/careers.
Pandora is looking for a Senior level security engineer who is driven to ensure the security and integrity of Pandora’s hybrid cloud environments, IS/IT assets, users, and employees.
The successful candidate will lead on the architecture, and take ownership of the technical implementation, for Pandora’s security infrastructure.
This role will help to identify trends and techniques in malware, hacker methodologies, system vulnerabilities, and key indicators of potential system exploits. There will be an excellent opportunity to work across a vast and complex system of infrastructure and software to ensure Pandora’s defense in depth.
- SIEM design, operation and analysis
- Take a proactive role in identifying and mitigating potential threats across the production and corporate infrastructures
- Perform detailed forensics for security related incidents
- Experience with security related anomaly detection and mitigation
- Maintain an expert level of understanding of the latest trends with Nation State Actors, Hacktivism, Botnets, and Exploits
- Work with the Compliance and Policy teams to ensure operational efforts are in line with Compliance and Policy standards (SOX, PCI)
- Maintain a secure environment while enabling CI/CD and Agile development strategies for our developers.
- 5+ years of experience in a security related position.
- Experience with hybrid cloud infrastructures (GCP, AWS, Azure, on-prem)
- Mastery of one or more programming languages (Python, Java, Go, C++)
- Experience detecting and mitigating attacks on high-volume, public-facing websites
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise Security paradigms including Cloud and on-prem services (AD, LDAP, SAML, SAAS)
- Strong knowledge of current cryptographic technologies
- Experience advocating for Business Continuity and Security in a production and corporate IT environment
- Deep understanding of current automation trends (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- 5+ years of Linux, Unix, Windows, or Network administration
- Strong understand of DPI firewalls, VPNs, and SSO Gateways
- Strong written and oral communication skills; the candidate must be able to clearly educate the business to known and potential threats.
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs for custom tooling, monitoring, and automation.
- Working knowledge of DDoS detection and mitigation strategies
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application process.
The location or office to which you would like to apply.
The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Back to top