Senior Scientist, Advertising
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
As a Senior Advertising Scientist you’ll help us find out just how far we can go to bringing music to the world. We are dedicated to music because we think it has enormous potential to make people’s lives better -- and that dedication starts with our team; we want Pandora to be an amazing place to thrive in your career and we’re betting that when you take a look inside you’ll see why there might be a place here for you. Computational advertising brings in special challenges and opportunities here at Pandora. It might surprise you to learn that we are one of the largest mobile display advertisers and that we have over nine percent of the entire radio market here in the USA. And, the truly surprising part of this is that it’s only the beginning. For this special role we’re looking for someone with deep background in all facets of ad science with an interest in joining Pandora in its mission to unleash the infinite power of music.
- Work closely with our ads engineering and analytics teams to analyze and model complex advertising data
- Design and develop solutions for serving audio ads
- Use machine learning and information retrieval techniques to personalize the advertising experience for our listeners
- 3-5 years of related industry experience
- PhD in a quantitative field with working knowledge of computer science.
- Strong background and appreciation for modern experimental design and practice, including A/B testing
- Proficiency in Java or another OO language
- Experience with Hive and/or Spark
- Experience with large scale applications in machine learning & statistical techniques using Python
- Ability to communicate effectively with Product and Engineering teams as well as the ability to dive into production engineering systems
- Mastery of the analysis and development of advertising systems for online consumer products or services
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Back to top