Senior Revenue Accountant
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Pandora is seeking a highly motivated Senior Accountant to support our Subscription and Advertisement Revenue accounting process. In this role you will be a key player in the financial close process and will be key participant in developing scalable business processes. If you are looking for a role with opportunity for growth, look no further! Ideal candidates must possess the ability to summarize large amounts of data into meaningful analysis, provide solutions to complex issues, and enjoy a dynamic working environment. We are looking for candidates who are adaptable, analytical and proactive in their approach to work. Reporting to the Director of Revenue, this role is based at our Oakland headquarters.
- Calculate revenue to be recognized on Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscription products in accordance with GAAP
- Reconcile and record sales transactions, cash receipts and subscription activations as part of the revenue recognition process
- Participate in the financial statement close process by preparing journal entries, reconciliations or other analysis as requested
- Collaborate with external auditors to explain key new arrangements and to determine the proper accounting for the items
- Document non-standard and judgmental contractual items in memos for review by Finance management
- Help maintain the revenue recognition policy for changes in the business or for new product lines, and keep management updated of any new policies or projects
- Partner with various departments to design system enhancements, process changes, and other improvements in order to achieve scalability and to support new business initiatives
- Ensure revenue recognition processes are SOX compliant
- Assist in various initiatives such as international expansion and the adoption of new accounting guidance
- Assist with special projects needed by Management
- BA/ BS in Accounting or Finance degree from 4 year college or university or equivalent experience
- CPA Preferred
- 2+ years of experience working in a Big 4 accounting firm
- Some hands on industry experience working in public company environment is helpful
- Must have significant hands on experience working with GAAP
- Experience in digital or radio based media highly valued
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Masterful Excel skills
- A solutions-oriented team player who enjoys a dynamic work environment
- Strong organizational skills, concise documentation skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top