Senior Revenue Accountant
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the world’s largest audio entertainment company. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners – in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current opening below and at www.SiriusXM.com/careers.
- Assist in the month-end Collectability and Bad Debt reserve process. Perform collectability and bad debt analysis and book adjusting entries as appropriate for the month end close.
- Partner with Sales, Business Development and Legal to ensure that new arrangements, projects or partnerships maintain compliance with the Company’s revenue recognition policy and achieve the best interests of the Company.
- Document non-standard and judgmental contractual items in memos for review by Finance management.
- Perform all non-standard revenue calculations as part of the monthly close.
- Review deals for non-standard revenue elements and take ownership of calculations for monthly close.
- Help maintain the revenue recognition policy for changes in the business or for new product lines, and keep management updated of any new policies or projects.
- Partner with various departments to design system enhancements, process changes, and other improvements in order to achieve scalability and to support new business initiatives.
- Assist in various initiatives such as international expansion and the adoption of new accounting guidance.
- Participate in the financial statement close process by preparing journal entries, reconciliations or other analysis as requested.
- Train the billing team and Client Services on issues identified and share knowledge of how to avoid errors in future periods.
- Serve as primary contact in Oakland office for Client Services and Sales for review and execution of certain client insertion orders. Also assist the Central and East regions as needed.
- Participate in the deal review process from a finance perspective for all IOs, Reseller agreements, Partnerships and any other revenue-generating events.
- Assist with special projects needed by Management.
- Must have experience working with GAAP revenue recognition accounting standards
- Experience with Big 4 accounting firms preferred
- Experience in digital or radio-based media highly valued
- Accounting or Finance degree from 4-year college or university
- 2+ years of comparable work experience, with public company experience
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Masterful Excel skills
- A solutions-oriented team player who enjoys a dynamic work environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application process.
The location or office to which you would like to apply.
The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Back to top