Senior Product Manager, Live Music Ticketing & Commerce
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Pandora is seeking a Senior Product Manager to define the vision and lead the implementation of live concert event ticketing and commerce inside Pandora’s music service. This role will be responsible for owning and driving the product roadmap from ideation, through development, launch, and ongoing optimization. You will build unique, new capabilities to enable Pandora listeners to buy tickets for their favorite artists inside Pandora’s flagship music service. You’ll closely collaboration with both
Pandora and Ticketfly’s engineering, product, and design teams to define the industry’s first direct ticketing and commerce experience in any music service. This is an ideal job for a product manager with deep experience with in-app ticketing or commerce who wants to build an industry leading platform to connect fans to their favorite artists in the live music setting, while driving more revenue to everyone in the live music ecosystem including artists, managers, agents, promoters, venues, partners, merch providers, and labels.
Pandora is the leading music service in the world with 80+ million active monthly users, 250+ million registered users, and over 1.4 billion hours of monthly listening time. Pandora is available on over 1,000 devices including the Apple Watch, Amazon Echo and XBOX One Native App. Our Music Maker product team’s mission is to become an essential marketing platform for artists, labels, songwriters, rightsholders, agents, promoters, venues, and others who enable artists to better connect to their fans.
- Own the vision, definition, and prioritization of features and capabilities needed to enable Pandora listeners to attend the live music concerts of their favorite artists
- Work directly with cross-functional teams to formulate product strategy, assess opportunities, test hypotheses, prioritize feature requirements, and build software
- Drive product and design exploration of unique and newly prototyped features to make it simpler and easier for fans to buy tickets in Pandora
- Rigorously work through in-app optimizations to continuously improve key performance metrics focused on purchase conversion and repeat purchasing
- Develop deep industry and customer understanding on all facets of the live music experience across the value chain including artists, ticketing platforms, promoters, venues, and agents
- Operationalize the line of business around selling tickets and in the future artist merch and all commerce through Pandora
- Establish Pandora as an indispensable and trusted partner to all the players who make live music possible for both artists and fans
- 7+ years of software product management experience in commerce, ticketing, and/or in-app purchasing
- Expert in the craft of product development with the ability to prioritize items for the team to work on that make the biggest impact, while giving them the space and encouragement to make magical experiences emergent to our users
- Experience working directly in the live music industry and building software to serve its constituents is a plus
- Creative and strategic horsepower to understand trends and identify opportunities at both the macro and micro levels
- Meticulous attention to detail in tracking and managing complex projects with many moving parts
- Familiarity in how artists big and small make money in the supply chain of producing, promoting, and performing live music
- Possess a keen sense of how to create buy-in and inspire cross-functional teams to execute on your vision
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit. Must be comfortable with being autonomous and doing whatever it takes to get it done
- Strong capacity and passion to research, analyze, model, and present your results
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills. This is a high-profile role that will interface with major internal stakeholders across the company and also work directly with major music partners
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected].
Back to top