Senior Product Manager, Computational Programming
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Product Managers in programming at Pandora work with scientists and engineers to shape the future of the music industry. We are looking for a proven product leader to drive the next wave of music recommendation products. We have a terrific opportunity for a highly motivated, creative and analytical Product Manager to own and drive innovative personalized programming products throughout the lifecycle. This position is full-time and based in our Oakland office.
Pandora Media boasts the #1 spot in time spent on mobile vs. any other property, has over 240 million registered users, over 80 million active monthly users, over 1.4 Billion hours of monthly listening time and is available on over 1,000 consumer electronics devices along with automotive, refrigerators and wearables.
- Work collaboratively to develop and prioritize our roadmap and programming backlog
- Define clear, concise product requirements and create simple, yet thorough specifications
- Drive music engineering, analytics, and science teams to increase engagement with our personalized radio and interactive listening products
- Collaborate across Engineering, Science, Product, and Marketing teams to create, design and launch music recommendation products
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Report out to company stakeholders on progress toward and results from new product and experiment launches
- 7+ years related technology experience
- Proven success building consumer-facing personalized digital products
- Experience with machine learning, recommender systems, and science driven product development
- Expertise in product development, data-driven decision making and proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of various digital music business models and competing products including on-demand and personalized radio
- Exceptional analytical abilities and technical experience
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected].
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top