Senior Principal Software Architect, Cloud Platform - Connected Vehicle
- Irving, TX
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
The Connected Vehicle Services division of SiriusXM builds and delivers software-based services on our connected car platform. The software we develop not only adds convenience to the daily life of our subscribers, but safety and security as well; when the worst happens, our software helps to save lives.
We are transforming our existing CV platform from an on premise, monolithic, closed architecture system to a modern, open, micro-services, cloud based system. Working on our team will give you the opportunity to craft software in an agile, team-focused environment while learning and exercising a multitude of skills. We focus on keeping developers happy and productive; fostering a positive atmosphere to help you make the right decisions and to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate software architect and craftsperson to help us architect, create, extend, and maintain the core of our connected car software platform as we expand past our current offerings in services related to safety, security and convenience in order to take our business to the next level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with a team of architects, engineering, product and operations leaders to help drive and craft the technical and business roadmap.
- Develop and champion the architectural principles to be used as building blocks for the CV platform
- Analyze requirements and technical specifications, and create architectural designs using cloud-based IaaS and PaaS components
- Design and assist in the implementation of cloud based micro-services
- Identify risks and issues with existing systems and designs and develop risk mitigation and transition strategies
- Discover and evaluate new technologies and software designs for suitability for use in the CV platform
- Create and maintain technical documentation for the CV platform architecture, services and operating principles
- Bachelor’s (BSc) in engineering, computer science, or related field; master’s preferred
- 10+ years of experience as a software developer with experience in multiple development languages and platforms delivering multiple commercially deployed products to market
- 3+ years of experience developing highly scalable and reliable software systems leveraging cloud native technologies
Requirements and General Skills:
- Ability to review architectures, designs and code, and work with engineers to resolve issues at all levels
- Mentoring skills and competencies, with an ability to transfer knowledge to junior and senior members of engineering teams
- Works well with others and is a skilled communicator both written and oral; acts with professionalism both in person and when working on the phone with partners.
- Experienced with shipping commercial products using agile software development methodologies; Scrum and/or Kanban
- A proven history of technical and organizational leadership
- Proven ability to lead and work within geographically distributed engineering teams
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work under shifting deadlines with potentially ambiguous or nebulous requirements in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly assess multifaceted problems and complex situations and recognize patterns to identify and resolve the root cause
- Ability to analyze new technologies, emerging standards and market trends, and understand how they affect products today and, in the future
- Occasional international and regional travel
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Experience with Cloud development and deployment best practices on AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with Linux and mobile technologies
- Experience with data driven applications and the technologies to manage big data
- Experience with DevOps best practices and ability to establish a continuous deployment pipeline
- Expert technical understanding of algorithms, software patterns and anti-patterns
- Proficient computer skills, experience with the Atlassian Development Suite (Confluence, Jira, BitBucket), Microsoft Office Suite (Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top