Senior Mobile Engineer, Infrastructure Tools
Potential role locations include:
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
We have terrific opportunities in Software Engineering for innovative, inspired problem solvers who are enthusiastic about writing tools in support of our deployment pipelines to Pandora’s rapidly expanding community of millions of listeners. With the right skills and experience you will be a key contributor in our vastly growing Infrastructure Engineering division. You’ll get the chance to take on complex and interesting problems as part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative team. We hold ourselves to high standards, and take pride in our work.
This is a great opportunity for engineers with a passion for learning and applying new technical knowledge. You should have a solid understanding of release automation, continuous integration and deployment, unit testing and source control systems. You should have experience developing software to automate release efforts and tools to improve development velocity and quality. You must be capable of managing a release cycle, including coordination between various internal teams. You should be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills. As a member of our highly motivated team you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility.
This role would involve blazing the trail of our substantial continuous integration automation infrastructure for teams developing mobile products, and automating as much of our build and testing pipeline as possible. As a mobile tools engineer at Pandora, you will work alongside our internal development teams to ensure the build servers are working quickly, help improve build times and automate common tasks, and assist with various tasks including release deployment and the creation of integration test servers. The tools team also comprises server/backend deployments and you will have ample opportunity to work on those as well, though the focus of this role is on our mobile environments.
- 3+ years’ experience in the tools and infrastructure space with 1+ years hands-on Android or iOS dev environments
- Experience with administering Ubuntu Linux and Mac OSX
- Significant experience developing software in Python, Ruby, Java, Groovy, shell scripting or similar languages
- Experience with build tools such as Gradle
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or Hudson
- Dynamic individual with great teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with mobile release automation software
- Experience with Git
- Ability to write Jenkins Pipelines/DSL.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
- Experience working with container technologies like Docker.
- Experience with container orchestration tools like Kubernetes/Mesos
- Significant experience managing mobile release deployments
- Experience with releasing apps on the Google Play Store and iOS App Store
- Experience with xcodebuild
- Detailed knowledge of configuring OSX servers for Apple software
- JIRA REST API experience
- Basic knowledge of xcui tests and espresso tests
- Passionate about technology and enjoys hacking/prototyping on the side
- Experience with Agile software methodologies
- BA/BS or better in Computer Science or a related field
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
Employee Experience & Inclusion Manager
Courtney articulates and amplifies Pandora’s talent brand, providing visibility and insight into its company culture. She also plays a big role in driving awareness of Pandora’s diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Back to top