Senior Manager, Systems Integration - Automation - Connected Vehicles
- Irving, TX
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
The Connected Vehicle Services division of SiriusXM builds and delivers software-based services on our connected car platform. The software we develop not only adds convenience to the daily life of our subscribers, but safety and security as well; when the worst happens, our software helps to save lives.
We are seeking a motivated and passionate automotive/Telematics Automation and Performance Test Manager in Software Engineering is responsible for successful day to day management of the Test Leads and Testers that automate and performance test the platforms within Software Engineering. This role will also manage test lead(s) and testers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate automation activities within Software Engineering but also with our test partners. Asses and manage risks.
- Oversee the planning of automation activities.
- Mentor Test Leads and testers.
- Build and foster a team environment. Asses the skills of our test leads and testers.
- Arranging workshops, training for the team and meetings. Actively and consistently supports all phases of the testing effort required to execute projects.
- Providing Test automation architectural direction and leadership, mentoring and technical guidance to Test team members
- Defining automated testing best practices, code standards, processes and procedures, including frameworks to standardize testing automation
- Developing automation testing strategies and estimation models to plan test schedules based on project scope or delivery dates
- Identifying and implement automated testing tools and infrastructure, managing tool upgrades and determining license needs and costs
- Manages Proof of Concept activities for new tooling, technologies, infrastructure and processes.
- Analyzes and resolves automation framework related problems by coordinating with team to diagnose and fix issues.
- Reports, defines, trends and tracks quality assurance metrics such as Automation Team member velocity, total automation test case candidates, total automated test cases, failure/pass rates for program(s) to leadership and stakeholders.
- Provide succinct and accurate documentation of issues to the project stakeholders and leadership team.
- Ensures quality standards, procedures and methodologies are being followed.
Document and implement automation and performance strategies, plans, processes and standards. Ensures that these documented best practices are adhered to.
- Actively participate Program Team, Roadmap calls and other strategic sessions; ensuring the voice, recommendations and concerns of the automation team is professionally and purposefully represented.
- Lead, guide and mentor Test Leads and Testers.
- Partner with Management Peers from the UAT, FE Product Test and SIT test organizations to ensure cohesive test coverage aligned to the Automation and Performance Test strategy for Charter.
- Help develop and implement cross training strategies for Test Leads, Testers on not only their assigned programs but other programs in the Software Engineering organization.
- Diagnoses complex issues, evaluate, recommend and execute the best resolution.
- Recognize and communicate dependencies across multiple test teams that may support multiple programs
- Help drive continuous quality in the organization by helping instill best automation test practices.
- Will lead the System Integration Automation team
- Bachelor's (BSc) in engineering, computer science, or related field; master's preferred
- 5+ years of cumulative testing leadership as a Sr. manage and/or manager level
- 10+ years of experience as a systems/testing engineer with experience in mobile, web and/or server side testing
- Experience in helping deliver multiple commercially deployed products to market
- Experience bringing automation tools into practice for use in the testing lifecycle
Requirements and General Skills:
- A proven history of technical and organizational leadership
- Proven ability to lead and work within geographically distributed engineering/testing teams
- Mentoring skills and competencies, with an ability to transfer knowledge to junior and senior members of automation teams
- Works well with others and is a skilled communicator both written and oral; acts with professionalism both in person and when working on the phone with partners.
- Experience with interacting with external customers, technology partners and executive teams to establish strong working relationships
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with business analysts, UI/UX team, leadership, test teams, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders
- Experienced with integration of automation using agile software development methodologies; Scrum and/or Kanban
- A deep agile toolbox including awareness of various agile techniques, alternate project management approaches and the wisdom to understand when to apply which process to the problem at hand.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work under shifting deadlines with potentially ambiguous or nebulous requirements in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly assess multifaceted problems and complex situations and recognize patterns to identify and resolve the root cause
- Ability to analyze testing new technologies, emerging standards and market trends, and understand how they affect products today and, in the future
- Occasional regional travel to OEMs
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Knowledge of AJAX, JSON, HTML, XML and SQL technologies
- Hands-on experience with test automation tools like Selenium, Telerik Test Studio, Microfocus Silk
- Experience with Cloud development and deployment best practices on AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience mobile testing technologies
- Experience with DevOps best practices and ability to establish a continuous deployment pipeline
- Ability to review architectures, designs and code, and work with development engineers to help identify and resolve issues at all levels with automation techniques
- Expert technical understanding of automation algorithms, software patterns, and anti-patterns
- Proficient computer skills, experience with the Atlassian Development Suite (Confluence, Jira, BitBucket), Microsoft Office Suite (Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Expert in fundamentals in testing methodologies and continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of testing API and Web Services
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top