Senior Manager, Consumer Insights
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
We are seeking a talented Consumer Insights Research professional to join the marketing team at Pandora. The Senior Manager, Consumer Insights will be responsible for owning consumer insights across the brand and product marketing organizations and will work in partnership across the business to develop and execute best in class market research. The primary responsibility for this position is leading, managing and executing market research.
To be successful in this role, you need to possess strong intellectual curiosity, be skilled in problem definition, and capable of conducting rigorous analyses to develop actionable recommendations. You will have the opportunity to apply your high-level strategic thinking and roll up your sleeves to make it happen.
- Design and conduct exploratory user studies, including surveys, field studies, ethnographies, focus groups, and brand tracking studies
- Collaborate with internal teams, including Strategy, Product Marketing, Marketing, Product Management to develop research plans and define and prioritize research questions
- Effectively communicate research findings and develop brand, product marketing, and strategic recommendations across the organization based on insights. Assist teams with implementing recommendations through continued advocacy and thought leadership.
- Manage outside research projects from inception to conclusion, including managing RFP processes, recommending appropriate methodologies, and managing vendor relationships to produce reports to meet desired information objectives
- Conduct market segmentation research studies to identify key customer attributes
- Develop longitudinal survey studies to provide insights on emerging consumer needs and industry gaps
- Develop concept testing and ad effectiveness studies to inform product and marketing campaign initiatives
- Leverage historic research study results to establish baseline understanding of Pandora customers
- Ability to manage multiple projects with focus on timelines and cost
- 8+ years experience in research design (quantitative and qualitative), questionnaire development, data analysis and report writing in the consumer products or consumer tech industries
- Hands-on experience in writing surveys, programming, fielding online surveys and conducting focus group studies
- Highly knowledgeable in advanced statistical techniques and market research analytical tools including SPSS, Excel and other data manipulation tools
- Great data visualization and presentation skills to provide recommendations based on insights
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to drive projects working with cross-functional teams including marketing, product, partner marketing and business intelligence groups
- Excellent project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects across critical yet often fluctuating deadlines
- Self-starter, thrives in a fast-paced team environment
- Master’s degree in Marketing, Business, Psychology, Statistics or a related field preferred
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top