Senior Manager, Communications - Product & Partnerships
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
Pandora is looking for a Senior Communications Manager, Product and Partnerships to join the growing Communications team in Oakland, CA. This position plays a central part in communicating Pandora’s role as an industry leader in technology and innovation, as supported specifically by its products and partnerships. This person will be responsible for developing and executing creative, compelling communications campaigns that support new product features and partner integrations, while driving the larger corporate growth story.
- Proactively identify and secure opportunities to drive media coverage and build Pandora’s reputation in the tech industry
- Build and maintain relationships with key influencers across business, tech, trade and consumer press
- Offer strategic counsel and recommendations on product positioning, competitive environment, market trends, etc.
- Work directly with partners to develop and execute joint media strategies, supporting device integrations, product announcements, and more
- Work cross-functionally across Pandora teams such as product, engineering, design, marketing, and business development
- Identify, coordinate and develop material for speaking and award opportunities
- Media train Pandora spokespeople to prepare them for press events and media interviews
- Develop press material including press releases, FAQs, statements, bylined articles, and blog posts
- 8+ years of experience, ideally a mix of agency and in-house
- Proven track record of planning and executing successful product PR programs
- In-depth knowledge of US consumer technology media landscape and industry trends
- Existing media relationships with key business and tech reporters
- Ability to explain technology to non-technical audiences
- Ability to execute on a variety of concurrent projects on schedule in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Results-oriented, self-starter, enthusiastic and ambitious, with a sense of humor
- Passionate about music
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, or other related fields
- This role will report directly into the VP of Communications and be based in Oakland, CA.
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Back to top