Senior Manager, Communications - Music
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
Pandora is looking for a Senior Communications Manager, Music to join the growing Communications team. This position, based in either New York City or Los Angeles plays a central role in communicating Pandora’s value as a best in class service for music fans, as supported specifically by its product innovations, deep relationships with the music community, innovative content offerings and exclusive events. This person will be responsible for developing and executing creative, compelling communications campaigns within the music and entertainment press that support new product features and partner integrations, new music releases and concert tours, all while driving the larger corporate growth story.
In this role, you will also be expected to:
- Proactively identify and secure opportunities to drive media coverage and build Pandora’s reputation within the music industry
- Build and maintain relationships with key influencers across the music and entertainment press
- Offer strategic counsel and recommendations on product strategies, competitive environment, market trends, etc. as they relate to the music industry and music fans
- Work directly with artist and industry partners to develop and execute joint media strategies, supporting exclusive programming, device integrations, product announcements, and more
- Support, promote and amplify Pandora music events throughout the year
- Work cross-functionally across Pandora teams such as industry relations, events, social, product, design, marketing, and business development
- Identify, coordinate and develop material for speaking and award opportunities
- Media train Pandora spokespeople to prepare them for press events and media interviews
- Develop press material including press releases, FAQs, statements, bylined articles, and blog posts
- 8+ years of experience, ideally a mix of agency and in-house
- A deep passion for music
- Proven track record of planning and executing successful product PR programs
- In-depth knowledge of US music and entertainment press landscape
- Existing media relationships with key music and lifestyle reporters
- Relationships within the larger music industry (i.e. labels, managers, promoters, etc.) are a plus
- A proven ability to develop new storylines in collaboration with other departments that resonate with key journalists
- Ability to explain technology to non-technical audiences
- Ability to execute on a variety of concurrent projects on schedule in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Results-oriented, self-starter, enthusiastic and ambitious
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or other related fields
- This role will report directly into the VP of Communications and be based in New York, NY.
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
Employee Experience & Inclusion Manager
Courtney articulates and amplifies Pandora’s talent brand, providing visibility and insight into its company culture. She also plays a big role in driving awareness of Pandora’s diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Back to top