Senior Manager, Business Solutions Management - Identity Management
- Washington, DC
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers">www.siriusxm.com/careers.
This position is responsible for delivering functional solutions within SiriusXM's identity management and domain. The identity management system is mission critical systems that are responsible for providing access control of and content protection for SiriusXM content delivered over satellite and the Internet.
This position works closely with the business users, streaming services product team, SiriusXM R&D, and IT staff to propose and create functional designs for high-complexity projects and maintenance efforts. This position leads design reviews to develop and support optimal IT solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a lead liaison between business owners and technology teams, leading and managing planning work, identifying issues and needs, building consensus, and developing solutions across units as required.
- Lead other teams to investigate issues, determine root-cause, business impact, and evaluate resolution priority.
- Using both functional and technical knowledge, help users solve problems, design solutions, and help develop process and technology solutions that meet business needs.
- Conduct process analyses, needs assessments, and cost-benefit analysis for the corporate solutions team.
- Manage planning activities, including road-mapping, release planning, and development of documented solution visions and roadmaps.
- Identify and define opportunities and enhancements for assigned services and work with business users to prepare business cases to support such initiatives.
- Manage required documentation for projects, presentations, business cases, project vision documents, business requirements, data process flows, product release notes and product training documentation.
- Drive business units, vendors, and technology teams to identify and manage change agendas, prioritize work, and develop implementation plans.
- Responsible for developing solution requirements, ensuring final solution quality, and measuring solution success.
- Build strong relationships with the business as well as with internal technology groups.
- There are currently no supervisory responsibilities associated with this job.
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 8+ years of work experience demonstrating escalating responsibilities.
- 5+ years experience working in a complex IT environment.
- 3+ years of business/functional analyst experience.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Multi-platform experience (Windows / Unix).
- Experience with mobile and web user experience.
- Demonstrates thorough working knowledge of various business process and system modeling tools including: Data Flow Diagrams, Process Models, ER diagrams, Dimensional Data Models, Context Models, Event Modeling, State Modeling, Process decomposition, and Use Case Scenario.
- Demonstrates thorough working knowledge of the system development life cycle and can train others on SDLC concepts.
- Experience with web services.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Experience with SAML and OAUTH.
- Comprehension of multi-tier architectures.
- Familiarity with encryption standards and methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Java, Oracle, SQL.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, MS Project).
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top