Senior Machine Learning Engineer
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
Want to work on the world’s largest music recommender and play-listing engine?
In this role you'll be working on Pandora's music recommendation team designing and building machine learning systems that will delight millions of listeners. This role is about impact. You'll have the opportunity to directly influence the way hundreds of millions of listeners discover music they love. Successful candidates will have significant experience architecting and deploying large scale machine learning systems, solid programming skills, outstanding communication skills, demonstrated ability to work well in a small team, and a desire to work at Pandora HQ in Oakland, California.
- Master or Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum 5 years industry experience
- Experience building and deploying large scale machine learning systems
- 5+ years of software development, programming and coding experience with Java, Scala, Python and the pydata stack (numpy, scipy, etc.)
- Experience with Spark and Hadoop/Hive, SQL databases
- Experience with modern version control and continuous integration systems (Git, Jenkins, Travis, etc.)
- Strong grasp of algorithms and data structures
- Experience with large scale recommender systems
- PhD in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Familiarity with A/B testing methodology
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected].
Back to top