Senior Financial Reporting Analyst
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
Pandora is hiring a Senior Financial Reporting Analyst to join our dynamic team in our Oakland, CA headquarters. We are seeking a self-motivated, system savvy, team player with a strong base of experience with SEC reporting and technical accounting. This individual will be responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of the Company’s SEC filings, including Forms 10-K and 10-Q’s, monthly financial reporting, accounting for the Company’s stock-based compensation, lease accounting and other month-end close related responsibilities. The individual will also assist in researching and evaluating technical accounting topics, working collaboratively with Finance and business partners and developing efficient and scalable processes that will enable the Finance team to keep pace with our continuously evolving industry.
- Manage the creation and execution of our XBRL SEC filings, including collecting and creating supporting schedules and managing comments from multiple stakeholders
- Review and provide information for our quarterly press release and earnings call
- Research, document and implement technical accounting topics and policies while working collaboratively with Finance and business partners
- Maintain effective and efficient internal controls over financial reporting
- Participate actively in the monthly close process, including preparing of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements for internal review
- Prepare monthly stock-based compensation schedules and perform technical research related to stock-based compensation on an as-needed basis
- Work with business partners to compile and review monthly and quarterly metrics
- Support and manage external auditors during quarterly reviews and annual audits, including preparation of disclosure checklist, preparation of financial schedules and communication of our accounting positions
- Work collaboratively with other teams, including Investor Relations, FP&A and Legal
- Review and analyze quarterly financial statement transactions and variances
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 3-5 years of experience
- Public Accounting background preferred
- Intermediate understanding of SEC reporting and XBRL
- Excellent technical accounting skills with detailed understanding of current GAAP standards and reporting requirements
- Self-starter, excellent communicator and team player
- Process improvement mentality
- Exceptional aptitude for project management and multitasking in a fast paced environment
- Strong systems knowledge, including the ability to quickly learn new systems
- Willing and excited to learn new skills, collaborate with highly motivated teammates and interact with business partners throughout the Company
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
Employee Experience & Inclusion Manager
Courtney articulates and amplifies Pandora’s talent brand, providing visibility and insight into its company culture. She also plays a big role in driving awareness of Pandora’s diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Back to top