Senior Director / VP, OEM Technical Business Development
- Irving, TX
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
This position will serve as the technical business development lead for SiriusXM in Asia for both Audio (e.g. satellite radio) and CV (Connected Vehicle) services.
- Combines business development and relationships building skills with technical acumen to address SXM feature / product adoption opportunities with SiriusXM’s Asia Pacific OEM partners.
- Requires high frequency interaction with OEM stateside entities (Cross Carline Product Planning), as well as Asia-based executives and technical teams at both OEMs and Tier 1s (Cross Carline, Product Planning, Engineering, etc).
- Primary responsibilities include developing senior and working level relationships at SiriusXM’s existing OEM partners (e.g. Hyundai / Kia, Nissan, Honda, Toyota); specifically, in their Asia-based HQ and R&D facilities and their key suppliers (e.g. Mobis & LG). Provide a clear bi-directional information path between the stateside and Asia entities for technical and business implementations, in order to avoid decisions being made in a bubble overseas.
- Goals include gaining adoption of SiriusXM’s current technology and services, developing an understanding of the OEMs’ product plans to guide SiriusXM’s product roadmap, solidifying business already won (i.e. countering influence from competitors), coordinating engineering and implementation activities between North America and Asia, and continuing to promote SXM’s importance within the North American market to Korea and Japan-based executives who do not have close experience with our products and services for both Audio and Connected Vehicle. Based in the US (Dallas, LA, or Detroit), this position will travel internationally frequently (~ 50% of the time) and be immersed at the OEMs’ global HQ across Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Building new and enhancing existing relationships with key contacts at the OEM partners.
- Lead ongoing technical business development activities within the Asia Pacific market for delivery of services in North America in addition to new market expansion.
- Uncover technology gaps that can be exploited by SXM solutions.
- Identify and strategically address both perceived and real technical challenges associated with implementing SXM products.
- Drive internal engagement and external engagement with both stateside Cross Carline Product Planning and Asia located entities.
- Close the technical gap between the OEMs’ stateside entities and Asia located entities.
- Secure, discuss, and relay product planning information and application rates for all SXM services.
- Gather and disseminate key information on client’s priorities, development, competitive actions, etc.
- Creating / maintaining relationships with Tier 1 hardware suppliers involved in delivery of CV services – including but not limited to the delivery of current programs and the introduction of new feature sets.
- Contribute to budget and long-range planning / forecasting.
- Account development and execution
- Support agreements and extensions by tracking compliance.
- Identify opportunities for improving account profitability.
- Contribute to SiriusXM’s overall strategy and product roadmap.
- Evaluate, strategize, and help pitch and “sell-in” SiriusXM technology developments and new services.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this job at present
- English language skills are required (both written and verbal); Japanese and/or Korean language skills are a plus.
- BA / BS degree or equivalent experience
- 7-12 years engineering, technical business development and/or account management experience in Business-to-Business role
- OEM, automotive supplier or Tier 1 experience highly valued
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized
- Ability to project a professional image over the phone and in person
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
- Ready availability and responsiveness in consideration of multiple time zones
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to travel within the APAC region as well as to the US
- Must have legal right to work in the Japan and/or Korea
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top