Senior Director, UX Design, Streaming
- United States
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
The Senior Director of UX, Listener Experience, is a unique and inspirational product design leader with demonstrated experience designing UX for scaled products. This role leads the design of the Pandora and SiriusXM listener experiences with 100M listeners across digital streaming platforms. The apps include our ad supported and paid subscription tiers of service for streaming on both Pandora and SiriusXM. This role reports to the Senior Vice President of Listener Experience for SiriusXM and Pandora.
The role is responsible for driving and executing the design delivery, strategy, and execution for the app experience and features available on both the Pandora and SiriusXM apps across all streaming platforms (mobile, web, connected devices including wearables, voice enabled speakers and devices, third party apps). The role delivers effective, cutting-edge experiences by leveraging listener/customer insights, market and industry insights, deeply understanding business and product objectives and partnering closely with other teams in product development (PD) and business partners across marketing, content, business development and our embedded automotive organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the UX design team, Listener experience for Pandora and SiriusXM Streaming services across Web, Mobile, and Third-Party Partners (CE, Wearables)
- Partner closely with the UX design leader who supports the Tools organization.
- Drive innovative user experience and design across Audio Entertainment including Music, Podcasts, Talk, News, Sports and Video
- Utilize insights-driven leadership while operating simplest, best user experience for two scaled, massive streaming music services in the United States
- Support Listener UX team to deliver user-centered designs based on customer feedback, business needs, and market research
- Evangelize and lead strategy around design decisions and effectively influence senior-level stakeholders while representing a relentless focus on world-class UX Design that achieves business results
- Operationalize innovation practices that proactively incubate and test breakthrough ideas in user experience for streaming music
- Manage a team of designers to drive high performance and an engaged, collaborative employee experience
- The ideal candidate has led cross-functional design teams in shipping exceptional consumer products at scale across mobile, web, consumer electronics, the connected home and emerging platforms.
- The ideal candidate will have proven leadership and cross-functional management experience, able to move from the detailed surface details to broader enterprise issues.
- Ability to communicate, evangelize, and inspire a diverse team of UX designers as they design, model, document, analyze, plan, and build sustainable user experiences that lead to measurable results for listeners, content creators and advertisers
- 10+ years of user experience design leadership experience on digital- and mobile-first products.
- History of designing digital products with 300 Million or more registered users
- Experience in technology and media industries, with a focus on digital media and consumer internet businesses.
- Demonstrated ability to attract, inspire, motivate and develop a team of world-class designers
- History of utilizing user research and usability study outputs to ship successful products
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to address tactical issues in the short-term while maintaining strategic vision for the long-term
- Able to establish mutual respect and a collaborative working relationship with their peers and wider teams
- Strong and recognized leader that people want to follow
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top