Senior Director, Product Management, CV Platform
- Irving, TX
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Senior Director, Product Management, CV Platform
The Connected Vehicle Services division of SiriusXM builds and delivers software-based services on our connected car platform. The software we develop not only adds convenience to the daily life of our subscribers, but safety and security as well; when the worst happens, our software helps to save lives.
Our business growth is accelerating as we expand our services with existing car manufacturers, as we add new customers, as we grow globally and as we increase the depth and breadth of services on our platform. We are transforming our existing CV platform from an on premise, monolithic, closed architecture system to a modern, open, micro-services, cloud based system in order to respond to these growing business needs.
We are seeking a motivated and passionate product management professional to help us create, extend, and maintain our connected car platform. This position will develop the vision and define the platform roadmap for the CV platform. They will work with business partners to understand customer trends and with technology partners to understand how to craft solutions. They will work cross-functionality to synthesize market trends, customer requests and technology building blocks into tangible platform capabilities and then work with the technology teams to deliver them.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a platform roadmap that will drive the development of key platform capabilities.
- Develop detailed and crisp business requirements for product specifications and service architecture.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs between system functionality, performance, cost, solution complexity and operational support.
- Explore technology trends and identify relevance, and impact to our business and product portfolio.
- Lead a team of product owners who will work as part of an Agile development process
- Bachelor's or higher in business management, computer science, computer engineering, related technical discipline or equivalent, marketing or other relevant experience.
- 10+ years of cumulative technical leadership in engineering or product management roles
- Experience in delivering multiple commercially deployed products to market
Requirements and General Skills:
- Proficient knowledge of Product Management principles and processes.
- A proven history of technical and organizational leadership within geographically distributed teams
- Ability to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; think abstractly; learn, adapt and innovate.
- Ability to drive an organization and deliver results
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized
- Ability to forge deep and lasting relationships with clients and internal stakeholders
- Commitment to successful delivery and execution
- Works well with others and is a skilled communicator both written and oral; acts with professionalism both in person and when working on the phone with partners.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work under shifting deadlines with potentially ambiguous or nebulous requirements in a fast-paced environment
- Occasional local and regional travel
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Experience with Cloud development and deployment best practices on AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with API-First development strategies and delivering PAAS services
- Proficient computer skills, experience with the Atlassian Development Suite (Confluence, Jira, BitBucket), Microsoft Office Suite (Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion.
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top