Senior Director, Email and Digital Marketing
- New York, NY
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the world’s largest audio entertainment company. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners – in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.SiriusXM.com/careers.
SiriusXM is seeking a Director of Marketing to lead our Email + Digital Marketing team. The Director, Channel Marketing – Email + Digital will be responsible for supporting the conversion and acquisition marketing teams’ marketing efforts and aid in meeting company sales and acquisition goals in the Email + Digital channels. The individual will oversee multiple direct reports and will be responsible for implementing and monitoring full scale lifecycle of marketing programs, including messaging and segmentation. The role will also be accountable for managing and executing campaigns, analyzing performance reports, and coordinating campaign development projects. Primary responsibilities focus on the managing the health of the e-mail channel, supporting the Retention and Acquisition teams to expand their digital footprint, and executing that marketing contact stream or related marketing tests, including day to day oversight of marketing performance and quality execution. Role includes focus on audio as well as ancillary data services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the health and campaign results for our Email Marketing program, encompassing the marketing, transactional, and lifecycle email programs supporting sales and retention.
- Ensure growth of marketable email addresses.
- Develop a rigorous testing strategy alongside the team to continually optimize all areas of the program, including identifying opportunities to better understand our customer segments and their lifecycle and behaviors through the email channel, ultimately increasing efficiency.
- Regularly identify trends and email marketing strategies from other leading brands to glean insights on best practices and new innovative ideas for email marketing tactics, including audits of how we can acquire, nurture and retain these customers.
- Optimize the online sales funnel in partnership with the Digital Experience team
- Execute and support digital initiatives to drive more online sales
- Partner with Paid Media team to execute paid advertising campaigns
- Update and review weekly performance reports and conduct root cause analysis when issues arise.
- Support the Digital Experience team’s efforts for Personalization on SiriusXM.com
- Partner with the Digital Experience (DE) team to build out the roadmap for how SiriusXM identifies customers & serves unique visitor content on website.
- Champion adoption of new technologies.
- Create presentations for management.
- Work with Programming, Brand, Creative, and Legal to coordinate campaign development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Oversee team of 5+
- Bachelor's Degree required, with a preferred emphasis in business or marketing.
- 15+ years of email + digital marketing experience, preferably in direct marketing and/or subscription businesses.
- Critical thinker and are familiar with email optimization tactics to improve performance. You love testing and know how to quickly pivot based on results.
- Demonstrated impact on the growth of an email program and its impact to the business due to a combination of your team building and mentorship ability, as well as the innovative ideas you have contributed or otherwise helped foster.
- Thorough experience working in email delivery platforms (such as Adobe and Salesforce).
- Experience working closely with Legal/Security/Compliance teams is strongly preferred.
- Experience developing and tracking/monitoring KPIs.
- Proven ability to make data-driven insights for business optimization.
- Track record of executing campaigns on a timely basis with an eye towards quality and accuracy.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to operate independently and effectively in a matrixed environment, aggressively managing projects to achieve goals.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Working knowledge of email production & deployment, including URL structure & parameters, redirects & logic
- Thorough and rigorous approach of QA applied to tests and launches of emails and customer experience
- Experience working with web analytics tools (i.e. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics)
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top