Senior Developer, Business Intelligence
- New York, NY
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
SiriusXM and Pandora’s Enterprise Data Office is looking for a Sr. Developer - Business Intelligence with demonstratable experience in designing and developing insightful business intelligence reports, dashboard and supporting metadata layer/model. At this role, the candidate will work closely with various business stakeholders at (Finance, Marketing, HR, Sales, Call center) and corresponding product owners to analyze key business problems, and devise BI solutions that provides rapid insights to the business. We expect the candidate to have exceptional problem solving skills, and able to communicate to both technical and non-technical audience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze business requirements from diverse business domain and build new/enhance BI/Reporting solutions.
- Strategize and plan technical design for complex BI/Reporting solutions and socialize them with the business stakeholders, product owner and other technical groups.
- Design logical and physical data model using BI tools (Tableau | Qlik) to standardize data sources for visualization/reporting.
- Leverage modern data preparation tools i.e. Tableau Data Prep | Alteryx to build and automate data flows for complex business data blends.
- Design intuitive and creative visualization (dashboards/reports) in Tableau | Qlik that reflects key business metrics with limited clicks.
- Schedule batch jobs or reports through Tableau | Qlik server or via windows task manager
- Install/Configure and maintain BI platforms (Tableau, Qlik, Cognos) for periodic upgrades, maintenance and backup/restore tasks.
- Plan and execute user acceptance test(UAT) for BI/Reporting solution while collaborating with the business stakeholders and product owners.
- Manage & organize work through Jira, participate in sprint planning and scrums to execute Business intelligence development backlog.
- Create technical documents (design doc, run books, FAQ’s) that details the solutions design, implementation and its operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems/Business Management
- 8+ years of hands-on experience designing & developing intuitive business intelligence. report | dashboards via modern BI tools (Tableau/Qlik/Power BI)
- 8+ years of hands-on experience developing complex SQL’s & custom semantic layer/data model via the BI tool (Tableau/Qlik)
Requirements and General Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact appropriately with all levels of the organization, including: business users, technical staff, senior level colleagues, vendors, and partners.
- A problem solver who can visualize business user problems, and devise creative BI solutions with the least resistant path.
- Leverage data driven analysis to state and conclude a given business or technical problem.
- Reflects high ownership and accountability for assigned project | tasks and meeting tight timelines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects & deliverables with adequate time management
- Diligently communicates leveraging multiple channels (Email, Phone, Chat) to raise risk or awareness on a given project | task
- Excellent team player who collaborates and contribute effectively to meet the overall success of the team
- Organize & document allocated project | task through various back office and technical tools
- Experience in developing dynamic & parameterized reports | dashboards that renders per business inputs
- Experience in developing custom calculations in reports | dashboards leverage pre-defined Date, String, Mathematical and statistical functions
- Experience in developing reports| dashboards leveraging diverse data sources |systems (Table, SQL, Excel, Csv, XML, JSON)
- Experience in analyzing dataset via SQL clients beforehand to unravel data integrity issues
- Experience with diverse relational database platforms (Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, PostGresSQL, MySQL, Teradata, Vertica)
- Experience with table joins and physical data modeling concepts (Star schema, Snowflake, and Data marts) along with the practical application.
- Experience with performance tuning of reports, dashboards and SQL queries by analyzing various dependent parameters.
- Experience with Jira , Sprint and Kanban board for project task management
Strong and thorough knowledge of the following:
- Data modeling concepts (Star Schema, Snowflake, and Data Marts)
- Data visualization best practices
- SQL development for complex data structures
- Agile software development process
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top