Senior Designer / Senior Motion Graphics Artist
- New York, NY
Location: New York, NY
The Senior Designer/Senior Motion Graphics Artist would report to the Senior Director of Video and Photography and functions as the primary designer and/or illustrator on assigned projects. This person will manage the design from creative meetings through conception, execution and delivery. This person should be innovative and conceptual and comfortable working in a fast-paced and creative environment. This person is responsible for different projects, including: branded content, editorial content, social content, and branding projects for both animations and stills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Senior Director of Video and Photography to execute professional designs that reflect the Brand, sub-brands and LOBs
- Collaborate with the marketing, social, photography and production teams to create compelling and engaging content
- Ability to conceptualize and execute designs from a blank canvas
- Generate multiple design explorations and iterate designs for conceptualizing and communicating
- Support teams by creating motion graphics, still, and animated designs
- Create reusable assets and templates to facilitate and reduce production times
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Maintain SiriusXM brand standards
- Partner closely with social and analytics team to learn performance insights and iterate new concepts that are on brand
- Work with business partners to gather information and understand requirements of their projects
- Work efficiently to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Have working knowledge of photo and video productions
- Stay current on design and technology trends
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5-10 years experience.
- Agency experience a plus.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Demonstrate the ability to take direction and constructive criticism.
- Excellent Design skills, with a strong balance of identity, typography, layout, and illustration design skills.
- Experience designing for high profile campaigns as well as daily social posts
- Passion and knowledge of current design trends
- Open, positive and collaborative communication style
- Strong attention to detail and a positive attitude
- Video editing skills (Premiere Pro) a plus
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask, and work under shifting deadlines
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Expert knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro, InDesign)
- Able to work on Mac and PC
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top