Senior Cloud Architect/Service Delivery Lead
- Washington, DC
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
The Senior Cloud Architect/Service Delivery Lead is the primary subject matter expert within Information Technology for SiriusXM’s cloud services proving technical leadership along with architectural, engineering and operational support focusing on the overall quality and financial efficiency of the enterprise cloud environment. This includes overall design, capacity and performance planning, developing architectural and operational frameworks and ongoing evaluations of core technologies for these areas. This position leads our enterprise wide efforts to develop and enforce standards and best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Within the IT operations unit, this position coordinates the day to day activities of our matrixed team of engineers in the administration, operational support and problem resolution of building and maintaining SiriusXM’s cloud-based solutions.
- Performs consultative services and functions as our subject matter expert (SME) for cloud services to senior IT leadership, IT staff and SiriusXM business units to ensure that appropriate controls are in place to deliver and effectively manage cloud technology.
- Functions as the lead technical resource and under the direction of the area vice-president, coordinates the efforts of matrixed resources for major cloud projects as assigned.
- Develops, recommends and distributes operational processes and procedures to ensure consistent and efficient service delivery of cloud services.
- Support our cloud-based infrastructure to improve reliability, availability and security.
- Responsible for the design, maintenance and overall performance, security and availability of the company’s platform infrastructure and systems.
- Working collaboratively with Enterprise Information Security and Compliance, other IT units and the business while recommending standards for cloud security controls across the corporation.
- Setup and maintain 24x7 monitoring of environments and services, working with development and operations teams to ensure SLA uptime/stability.
- Create and manage policy, procedure, system and license documentation.
- Provides regular management reports and recommendations regarding capacity planning for systems within the position's scope of responsibility
- Performs periodic on-call, support of after-hours deployment/maintenance windows and other duties related to those enumerated above which do not alter the basic level of responsibility of the position and which supports our 24x7x365 operations
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
- Individual Contributor. No supervisory responsibilities.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Years of relevant experience: A minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience is required.
Requirements and General Skills:
- 4+ years of experience with AWS infrastructure and engineering in a hands-on technical role.
- At least 3 years of Production experience with Configuration Management tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Terraform) and infrastructure-as-code software
- 4+ years of scripting experience with automation using Shell, Python, Perl.
- Knowledge of production system basics which includes DNS, credential management, logging, cron, process management, and package management.
- Requires a strong operations aptitude for multi-layered technical diagnostics triage, and a passion for building high-availability systems. Should have preferably worked previously in a production AWS environment performing such a role.
- Ability to design, implement and support solutions based on business needs, using industry professional and security best practices.
- Be self-motivated, and exhibit efficient planning and coordination skills
- This position requires reasonable off-hours rotation availability to support the platform availability and uptime requirements.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels, including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure
- Strong working knowledge of VPC resources including Security Groups, Network ACL, Internet Gateways, Virtual Private Gateways, VPC Peering, End Points, and Route tables
- Knowledge of AWS Well Architected Framework and security shared responsibility model.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex cloud base access and performance issues.
- Experience with CloudFormation Scripting
- Experience in Multi-Account Cloud Environments.
- Knowledge of Transit VPC and Shared Services VPC configurations
- Experience with Production and Configuration Management tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt) and infrastructure-as-code software, preferably Terraform
- Scripting experience with automation tools -- Shell, Python and Perl.
- SQL, and NoSQL Database knowledge is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with containerization platforms such as Kubernetes and Docker, and familiarity with microservices management a plus
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top