Senior Back End Engineer (Remote) - Simplecast
- United States
Every year, millions of new listeners are being exposed to podcasting, with hundreds of thousands of new creators meeting this increased listener demand with new content. Individual audio content creators are looking for better tools to immerse their audience in a story.
Since 2013, Simplecast has helped creators publish their podcasts the easy way with hosting, distribution, analytics & sharing tools. Thousands of individual creators and companies have trusted Simplecast with their audio, including Politico, Shopify, TechCrunch, Harvard, Medium, Fast Company, and many other names you know and love.
Over the last two years, we’ve been hard at work to usher podcasting into the future, by building the platform we’ve always dreamed of — with more listener insights than ever before, and as easy to publish, share and scale as any other medium.
In June, 2020, Simplecast joined the SiriusXM–Pandora family, where we’ll be able to help podcasters and their shows go even further. Along with AdsWizz and Pandora, Simplecast is breaking ground on unique distribution opportunities and exciting new revenue-generating tools.
We're growing our product development team to shape the future of podcasting by empowering audio creators with the resources they need to connect their shows with a world of listeners.
- We ship code multiple times a day.
- We work closely with product, design, customer support, and our CEO. Everyone has a voice.
- We value lean software development principles, currently leveraging aspects of kanban.
- We reflect weekly on process, tools, and relationships, empowering the team to create an environment that helps them thrive.
- You know Elixir well and have used it to build scalable, highly available systems.
- You care about and have a history of creating a great experience for users.
- You continually refine your craft.
- You look for opportunities to teach others.
- You balance building new features with code quality to ensure optimal customer value over the long term.
- You love working with distributed teams.
- You build automated tests.
- You've built and supported RESTful applications.
- You live in the US
- You will build an excellent product with your team.
- You will refine business needs into small deliverables for you and others to execute.
- You will own your code all the way to production.
- You will influence engineering practices.
- You will coach and mentor your team.
- You will learn from your team.
Our Tech Stack
- AWS (Lambda, S3, Aurora Postgres, SNS, CloudFront)
- GitLab CI/CD
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top