Senior Automation Engineer
- Irving, TX
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Location: Irving, TX
We are looking for a motivated and passionate software craftsperson to help us create, extend, and maintain the core automation platform of our connected car software platform as we expand past our current offerings in services related to safety, security and convenience in order to take our business to the next level
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with Agile teams to understand end-to-end system functionality
- Design, implement, document and execute automation test frameworks and suites which can deliver comprehensive automated test coverage with a balanced maintenance and sustainability strategy
- Solves complex automation challenges and works on complex projects with minimal supervision
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management
- Assist with executing non-functional testing in terms of performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other systems
- Monitor quality in production and non-production environments
- Maintain and update automated test systems as functionality changes evolve the products
- Work Independently to help build Test automation framework and develop automation scripts
- IS able to code and build scripts for functional, load, and performance type testing
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or othertechnically related fieldoEquivalent experience and/or degrees in other technical fields will be evaluated and considered
- 5+ years of experience in a development positionStrong technical knowledge building mission critical/highly available service-oriented software
Requirements and General Skills:
- Experience with automation testing
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
- Willingness to learn new technologies - often very quickly
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Proven working experience Java development and object oriented design
- Hands-on experience with test automation tools like Selenium, Appium, Rest Assured, Cucumber
- Knowledge of AJAX, HTTP, REST, XML, JSON and SQL technologies
- Experience with testing in an agile workflow utilizing TDD/BDD best practices in a continuous integration environment
- Proficient computer skills, experience with the Atlassian Development Suite (Confluence, Jira, BitBucket), Microsoft Office Suite (Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Good working knowledge of the Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP), Observability & Traceability
- Code craftsmanship; rigor in high code quality, automated testing (JUnit, Mockito, Cucumber), and agile engineering best practices
- Knowledge of modern software patterns and anti-patterns
- Able to work within a Git/Gitflow-based multi-branched software environment.
- Preferred experience with Java development tooling: Maven and/or Gradle.
- Used continuous integration environments like TeamCity, Jenkins, Hudson.
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top