Senior Analyst, Marketing (Listener Growth)
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
Pandora is looking for a Senior Analyst to join the Listener Growth and Retention Insights Team within our Marketing Analytics organization in Oakland, CA. The role will focus on the email and push marketing channels for and will be responsible for forecasting performance of these channels, optimizing these channels to grow and retain listeners, and partnering with Listener Marketing, Product Management, Research Science, and Artist Marketing to drive fact based decisions around audience and messaging.
- Expert on our email and push notification subscription marketing channels including product functionality, how listeners engage with them, and the data instrumentation
- Build self-service and ad-hoc reports to understand performance of email and push notification on listener acquisition and retention
- Model the impact of changes in marketing frequency, messaging, audience, etc. on channel performance
- Drive bottoms-up forecast of listeners from push and email channels
- Develop, execute, and report on AB tests to optimize marketing for listener growth and retention
- Work with the Marketing Analytics Data Infrastructure, Integrations, and Tools team to ensure appropriate data is tracked and to develop repeatable, automated processes where possible
- Collaborate with peers on Listener Growth and Retention Insights Team to understand cross-channel performance
- Provide key business insights based on emerging data trends
- Visualize key metrics on an ongoing basis to communicate out to Marketing and exec team
- Partner with Listener Marketing, Product Management, Research Science, and Artist Marketing to drive fact based decisions around audience and messaging
- Education: BA/BS in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
- 5+ years professional experience in a quantitative field at a mobile or consumer web company
- Strong analytics and problem-solving skills with the ability to draw inferences from abstract data patterns
- Knowledge of email and push as marketing channels (practical experience preferred)
- Familiarity with data visualization application (Tableau and/or other Business Intelligence tools)
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL query languages
- Familiarity with no-SQL architectures (Hadoop) a plus
- Experience with developing, implementing, and reporting on AB tests
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and to drive decisions with data
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- Excellent written and communication skills
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top