Senior Accounts Payable Lead
- New York, NY
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
This position is responsible for supporting the A/P Manager primarily with reporting and reconciliation tasks. In addition, this position will assist in the resolution of Accounts Payable invoice queries & issues. The applicant must have an understanding of financial systems and business processes as they relate to the Accounts Payable function.
To be successful in this position, this candidate needs to be an excellent communicator (both written & verbal), be accustomed to providing excellent customer service, have strong organizational skills and should be proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconciles transactions daily to ensure interfaces balance between all A/P systems
- Prepares analysis/reports on process areas as required
- Analyzes, researches, resolves vendor inquiries (work closely with Suppliers and Internal Business Owners)
- Processes both Purchase order (PO) and Non-PO invoices through the system
- Assists in the month end close process (backup)
- Supports IRS 1099 research & filing
- Assists in the generation of metrics reporting & other scheduled AP reports (Daily, Weekly, Monthly)
- Other duties and adhoc reporting as assigned.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- Data entry experience in a fast pace paperless environment
- 3 - 5 years of accounts payable experience in a large ERP AP system environment (Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP, Lawson, etc
Requirements and General Skills:
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must have a high acumen to detail, be results oriented and have a sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact with internal/external customers at all levels
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Strong analytical and reconciliation experience
- General scanning/indexing experience
- Advance Excel user and proficient in MS-Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Knowledge of Oracle or Jaggaer a plus
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top