Scientist, Pandora Voice Activation
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
As a Scientist in Personalization and discovery, you’ll help us change the way people listen. You will be at the center of the next generation audio service creation, utilizing advanced machine learning algorithms to bring delightful and personalized listening experiences with an effortless speech interface. For this special role, we are looking for a scientist or senior scientist specialized in the field of natural language processing, natural language understanding and dialog systems, to join a strong team of scientists with diverse expertise in content analysis, recommendation systems and information retrieval, and create high impact products for tens of millions of users.
- Contribute to research, prototype and engineering to Pandora’s personalized recommendation and discovery engine
- Design and develop innovative solutions for our product on voice enabled platforms
- Use machine learning and other NLP/NLU techniques to improve and extend our system capabilities
- PhD in a quantitative field with working knowledge of machine learning and computer science
- Strong background of NLP/NLU/NLG/dialog system research and application
- ML model building in Python
- Experience in manipulating large scale datasets in Hive and/or Spark
- Familiar with standard speech and machine learning techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively with product and engineering teams as well as the ability to dive into production engineering systems
- Publications in communities such as NAACL, EMNLP, SIGIR, Recsys, WWW, WSDM, KDD, AAAI, or related conferences and journals.
- Proficiency in Java or another OO language
- Practical understanding of phonetics, morphology, semantics and pragmatics aspects of linguistics
- 1-3 years of related industry experience
- Familiarity with recent research on deep learning for NLP/NLU
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Back to top