Scientist, Music Recommendation (2017 New Grad)
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Want to work on the largest scale music recommender and play-listing engine in the US? In this role you'll be working on Pandora's playlist team designing and building the next innovations that will delight millions of listeners.
To land this gig, you will need:
- PhD candidate in CS/EE/Math
- Strong publication record in machine learning, music information retrieval, signal processing, or similar fields
- Ability to prototype and develop custom machine learning, text processing, or signal processing algorithms
- Knowledge of recommender systems
- Familiarity with current research in recommenders, machine learning, and related fields
- Proficiency in Python and/or Java
- Experience with Spark, Scala, Hadoop and Deep Learning a plus
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected].
Back to top