Scientist, Advertising (2017 Intern)
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
We have a terrific 2017 Intern position available for a talented & enthusiastic PhD Student with an interest in Advertising Data Science to join Pandora. Our mission is to delight our listeners through the power of music while providing strong ROI to our advertisers through targeted advertising.
- Develop machine learned models for personalized ad relevance for audio, video and display advertising.
- Develop user segmentation models based on implicit behavioral and/or explicit survey data.
- Implement experiments to measure advertising effectiveness.
- Develop novel techniques and software that can be shared across the Pandora science team.
- Masters student in a quantitative field or equivalent with working knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals
- Experience in machine learning and/or statistics
- Experience with R, Matlab, or other scientific computing language
- Proficiency in Python, Java, or another object oriented language
- Experience with modern experimental design and practice
- Strong English communication skills and desire to work on a highly collaborative data science team
- D. student in a quantitative field
- Academic research or intern experience focusing on the analysis and development of advertising systems for online consumer products or services
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, or Spark
- Track record of successful teamwork in a variety of settings
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected].
Back to top