Quality Engineer III
- Detroit, MI
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
The Senior Quality Assurance Test Engineer creates and executes test cases to conform to requirements of an OEM implementation of a Sirius XM Radio. The test execution is manual and ranges from functional to stress testing. The ideal candidate will have a provable track record of writing functional test cases in sophisticated software architectures. This position requires a detail oriented individual that is a self-starter who can work both independently and within a team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, execute, and record test cases for advanced SXM radios using JAMA.
- Report defects with JIRA.
- Perform log analysis and troubleshooting using Charles Proxy and other native debugging tools.
- Provide regular and accurate reports to QA Test Lead.
- There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this job.
- A Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or computer science, or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 5+ years of successful, relevant software development and validation experience. Acceptable product areas include:
- Automotive sound manufacturers (radio head units, CD Players, telematics systems, navigation systems, etc.).
- Mobile telephone systems.
- Satellite receivers.
- Automotive engine controllers.
- Blue Tooth and / or WiFi products.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Hands on experience in test driven development (TDD), Behavior driven development (BDD) and acceptance test driven development (ATDD) approaches.
- Familiarity with REST HTTP protocols.
- Knowledge of JSON, XML and HTML.
- Familiarity of formal software design and agile processes.
- Expertise in creating functional test cases.
- Familiarity with configuration management and defect tracking tools (GIT, HP Quality Center, JIRA).
- Familiarity with both Windows and Linux-based Operating Systems.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top