QA Manager, Product Engineering (Ads)
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
As the QA Manager, you'll be responsible for hiring and mentoring a team of outstanding testers. You’ll guide test efforts and champion quality for Pandora's Ad Operations team.
The successful candidate will have an extensive background as a QA tester, significant project management experience, a solid history of managing test efforts on overlapping QA cycles, and a demonstrated ability to collaborate across multiple teams to deliver excellence in software quality. This position is located at Pandora HQ in Oakland, California.
- Assume responsibility for hiring and team development
- Lead testing activities across Ad Operations features and products
- Provide resource and schedule estimates, risk assessments and recommendations for software launches
- Work closely with Engineers, Product Managers, and business leads to ensure successful launch of features
- Support established organizational best practices while making incremental improvements as needed
- Champion quality throughout the organization
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT or related field with a minimum of 5 years in an online or mobile advertising environment
- Minimum 3 years managing and leading QA teams
- Thorough understanding of ad serving
- Experience working with CRM or order management systems
- Strong project management experience
- A progressive management style emphasizing openness, collaboration, and shared goals
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Back to top