QA Manager, Mobile Release (iOS)
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Managing QA at Pandora means leading a world-class team of QA engineers in their mission to deliver the best possible experience for hundreds of millions of Pandora listeners. In this highly visible role, you will work in equal partnership with development teams to uphold a shared principle of "quality first."
As QA Manager, you'll be responsible for guiding test efforts on Pandora's feature-rich, iOS mobile apps. You'll manage and mentor a growing team and evangelize quality practices throughout the engineering organization.
Successful candidates will have an extensive background as a QA tester, significant project management experience, a solid history of managing test efforts on overlapping QA cycles, and a demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams to deliver excellence in software quality. This position is located at Pandora HQ in Oakland, California.
- Manage a growing team of QA Engineers working across mobile, automotive and consumer electronic device platforms.
- Lead testing activities across Pandora mobile releases.
- Assume responsibility for hiring and team development.
- Work closely with Engineering and Product Management stakeholders to prioritize, scope and plan product releases.
- Coordinate and facilitate timely responses to production issues.
- Promote an ethos of continued learning and technical advancement.
- Champion quality and excellence throughout the Engineering organization.
- Support established organizational processes while making incremental improvements as needed.
- Minimum seven years experience in QA Engineering and three years managing successful, highly performant teams
- Minimum three years working with native, iOS mobile apps; experience with consumer electronic devices is a plus.
- Extensive project management experience, with a stellar track record of delivering high quality products while meeting scheduling commitments
- Admin-level expertise in bug database management systems
- Proven success in managing overlapping small and large projects, while remaining flexible to shifting priorities
- History of adopting and maintaining lightweight, team-supportive processes across a growing Engineering organization
- Fluent in Agile/SCRUM and lean development methodologies
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top